Ever since I was a young girl my favourite style of music has been jazz and blues. The first ever CD that I bought was Chuck Berry’s Greatest Hits when I was 11 years old. I absolutely loved it and I...
5
"Music is the piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart." How do young people learn best? This is something I think about a lot when teaching foreign languages to young people. I often...
2
By: AmyC
Forty-six years since its beginnings, this was Glastonbury’s rainiest year yet. And with the rain came mud, and with the mud came chaos. The sudden onslaught of 180,000 festivalgoers, who all seemed...
By: GraceD
Recently my best friend came to visit me in France and we went to a concert. We both love the band Garbage, who are an American-Scottish rock band, and we were very lucky because they played in my...
7
By: AmyC
The recent news of the death of David Bowie has taken the world by shock. At the age of 69, Bowie died last week from liver cancer, an illness that he managed to hide from just about everyone. Just...
8
By: AmyC
I have always been a big fan of music but to be honest, I don't know anyone who has ever overtly disliked it. And that’s why it’s one of life's true delights, because it can be enjoyed by anyone and...
8