11

Listening to the radio is something which I really like to do.

30

My parents are useless with anything remotely technological. Computers, printers, cameras, mobile phones, iPods … you name it, they can’t use it!

24

As many of us carry our cameras or phones almost constantly, one particular style of picture is becoming ever more ubiquitous: the selfie, a photo that you take of yourself.

55

In E. M. Forster’s short story, ‘The Machine Stops’, he talks about ‘The Machine’, which is worshipped by the majority of people in the world of the book.

7

Many of us still don't think that we need to recycle or can't be bothered. Sometimes choosing the correct bin to put our rubbish in and emptying them feels like too much effort.

42

Next time you’re in a public place, take a look around you, and count how many people are using their phones.

25

Let’s go back to Stockholm in the year 1628.

72

My computer desktop is a bit like my handbag: it’s full of things I either don’t need or don’t use, it looks untidy, and I’m not quite sure where a lot of the stuff has come from.

34

In recent years, climate change has been a much talked about issue, with many debates over its possible impact on the world, and some even going so far as to question its very existence.

72

By today’s standards, my mobile phone is pretty rubbish. It’s a Nokia 1616.

Subscribe to Science and technology