Science and technology

Secret Google tricks

AdamBlogger2017

Google gives us access to almost all information in the world just by typing what you want to know into the search bar. However, there are some interesting secrets you can have fun with.

First, if you type the phrase 'Do a barrel roll' into the search bar of Google and press enter, the entire page will spin around once.

Second is a fun trick if you like Chuck Norris jokes. If you type in 'Find Chuck Norris' and click 'I’m feeling lucky', you will get a little message from Google about being careful what you search for.

Next, and this is one of my favourites, try typing 'Google Gravity' into the search bar on Google and pressing search. It will cause the entire page to fall into pieces. Although sometimes this doesn’t work, if you search it and click the first result on the page, it will take you back to the homepage which will then fall. The best part is that you can still search for things even after it has taken effect. It will, however, cause all of the results to fall from the sky and crash down on top of the already fallen homepage.

Finally, my favourite. Type 'Zerg Rush' into the search bar and hit enter. This will cause many 'o's to appear from all directions! But beware, they are not your friends. You must hover over each of the 'o's with your cursor and click like crazy. Soon they will vanish. Attempt this at your own peril, you have been warned.

So there you have it, a few cool things to do with Google when you're bored. Of course, there are far more tricks to do with Google, but you can always find them by, you know, googling it. A little extra for reading this far: if you leave the search bar blank and click 'I'm Feeling Lucky', you'll be shown all of the Google doodles that have ever been used on special dates.

Have you tried any of the tricks Adam mentions?

hpeaounl's picture
hpeaounl 14 April, 2020 - 06:48

Here are way more tricks you can do on google.
Do a Barrel Roll. Search for “do a barrel roll” without the quotes, and hold onto your desk for dear life. ...
“As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way!” It's a Festivus MIIIRACLE! ...
Zerg Rush. ...
Blink HTML. ...
Party Like It's 1998. ...
Shake It. ...
Break It.

Raysan's picture
Raysan 21 September, 2019 - 15:23

If you are a person who is really into snake games, type in 'Google Snake Game' and a picture with a blue snake comes close to the apple appears. Press the button under the picture and then play!

carrotilya's picture
carrotilya 7 May, 2019 - 13:52

My favourite trick is "atari breakout" U can try it by typing this phrase at the search bar.

lundse's picture
lundse 8 May, 2018 - 11:39

I tried all of them and they where all great, but my favorit was for sure the one with Chuck Norris.