Sport

Learning to surf

8
KatiedeS

When I was visiting Australia a few weeks ago, I knew I couldn't leave the surf capital of the world without giving it a go myself. I booked a group surf lesson when I was in Byron Bay, which is a really popular place for professional surfers to go and catch some waves!

We started off with a warm-up by doing some stretches and going for a jog along the beach then we all lay down on our surfboards on the sand and practised jumping up to the standing position. After a couple of practices, we were ready to go out into the sea and try it out on the water. I have to admit, surfing is much harder than it looks - when you watch people from the beach they make it look so easy! I had a couple of failed attempts to stand up but then one of the instructors came to help me and held my board steady.

Finally I started to get the hang of it and by the end of the lesson I managed to stand up on the board by myself. It was a pretty awesome feeling and I can't wait to try it again, although I'll definitely need to wear a wetsuit if I'm surfing in the UK!

Have you ever tried surfing?

Bar111's picture
Bar111 2 January, 2017 - 16:20

I don't know to surf but I see in the story the men very love to surf all day in beautiful
place and he never tired.

cklj's picture
cklj 26 August, 2016 - 09:23

No I haven't tried surfing. I think it would be an interesting experience for me. I will try surfing if I ever have an opportunity.

AnonymousGr's picture
AnonymousGr 7 July, 2016 - 14:16

No I never tried to surf!!
But i believe that surf was one of the best sport in the world it isn't too dangerous and have fun!
I reely like to try new sports and i wonder to try surfing one day!!!