Sport

My first volleyball match

23
EleanorC

Yesterday I was invited to watch a volleyball match at the local stadium. It was a home game so my town, Molfetta, was playing against Trento, a team from the North of Italy. I had never been to watch volleyball before because it was not a very popular sport where I grew up. I had seen a football match before though and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Although we arrived quite late, we managed to get a seat during the first set. We were in the front row so we were close to the players. They were all very tall. Molfetta’s team was dressed in white shirts whereas Trento’s players were wearing black. The downside was that we didn’t have a clear view of the net so we couldn’t really see where the ball was going. We went to stand up at the top of the stairs and had a much better view of the whole stadium.

The atmosphere was very lively. Between sets, there were people moving around and loud music playing. During the match, the crowd cheered and clapped. There was a group of Molfetta fans that were playing drums and singing songs to support the team. They waved a red and white flag that represented the colours of the city. The final set was especially close but in the end, Trento won the match with three sets against zero. I still enjoyed the match even though my team lost because volleyball is a very impressive sport to watch. It’s amazing how high the players can jump!

Do you often go to sporting events? What's your favourite sport? 

anna9's picture
anna9 21 September, 2014 - 19:19

My favorite sport is Volleyball. I am a volleyball player and I find volleyball fun and amazing. When I play volleyball I am forgoting the daily routine and I have fun!!!! I very often go to the stadium to play or watch volleyball matches. Volleyball is my life!!!

MissMatty's picture
MissMatty 1 November, 2015 - 15:55

Hi, my name is Mary, I'm from Russia and I play Volleyball too. I like it very much and it's my favorite sport. I train every
day. And I wanna to be a professional volleyball player. And what about you, are you playing professional?

olybos's picture
olybos 19 July, 2014 - 06:13

I very often go to the stadium to watch the football matches of my local team ae piereon.Every Saturday I go to the staduim because i love my team.We also have won a cup.Also I play to this team but as a child.My favourite sport is football because it is the most popular sport and the football players earn a lot of money.

Zoet's picture
Zoet 13 July, 2014 - 13:40

I'm keen on volleyball and I wish I could watch a match in stadium; World League games has just taken place in Tehran and I had a great opportunity to meet my favourite players but I missed that chance because the problem is girls are not allowed to go to stadiums in the country where I was born :(
However, I watch all the games on TV but it seems nothing compared with the joy & excitement of watching them live in a stadium!

Pashaa's picture
Pashaa 27 June, 2014 - 21:32

I sonetimes go to the sportif events but I like very much do sports and sport is a very important lifestyle.My favorite soort is a swimming :)

Sandoval123's picture
Sandoval123 11 May, 2014 - 02:17

You are quite right but in my opinion the best amateur sport is football, as is volleyball rules in the game but if you want to live a better experience have to go watch the soccer.

Fatime143's picture
Fatime143 8 February, 2014 - 18:33

I dont go to sporting evvents.I like different sports.I like tennis and basketball.My friends and i play basketball well.We usually play basketball at school.

Niluh 28 January, 2014 - 15:04

I don't go to sporting events very often, usually i watch them on TV. I don't think to see the match live, it's more comfortable to enjoy it at home in front of television. I have ever watched football match at the stadium, it was really fun especially when one of the team had a chance to make a goal or they made it, all of people on the stadium yelled and cheered. But after the game was over, i have to jostled to get out of the stadium, luckily i was fine as i got out, sometimes people hurt their body and it was completely annoying.
My favourite sport is badminton, it is also a very impressive sport to watch and i never skip to watch badminton match on TV.

EleanorC's picture
EleanorC 31 January, 2014 - 10:36

You're right: sporting events can be very crowded and everyone jostles one another to get out of the stadium. The match I went to was in quite a small stadium so luckily I didn't have a problem. I think that it is nice to watch a sports match on TV because you don't miss any of the action!