Sport

Monday, 27 January, 2014 - 14:51

My first volleyball match

by EleanorC

Yesterday I was invited to watch a volleyball match at the local stadium. It was a home game so my town, Molfetta, was playing against Trento, a team from the North of Italy. I had never been to watch volleyball before because it was not a very popular sport where I grew up. I had seen a football match before though and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Although we arrived quite late, we managed to get a seat during the first set. We were in the front row so we were close to the players. They were all very tall. Molfetta’s team was dressed in white shirts whereas Trento’s players were wearing black. The downside was that we didn’t have a clear view of the net so we couldn’t really see where the ball was going. We went to stand up at the top of the stairs and had a much better view of the whole stadium.

The atmosphere was very lively. Between sets, there were people moving around and loud music playing. During the match, the crowd cheered and clapped. There was a group of Molfetta fans that were playing drums and singing songs to support the team. They waved a red and white flag that represented the colours of the city. The final set was especially close but in the end, Trento won the match with three sets against zero. I still enjoyed the match even though my team lost because volleyball is a very impressive sport to watch. It’s amazing how high the players can jump!

Language level

Do you often go to sporting events? What's your favourite sport? 

Submitted by Daian12 on Wed, 02/05/2020 - 16:27

i love playing volleyball because it is a very dynamic sport, my favorite part of this is to receive and finish the ball, I also love watching games but I see them more than anything on the computer

Submitted by taxiarhis on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 12:44

I usually go to water-polo and horse riding events because they are my favourite sports!
English courses near you