Sport

Skydiving: an amazing experience!

3
ChloeBlogger

When I was 16 I wrote a bucket list. This was a list of things that I wanted to do in my lifetime. Some things were easy, some difficult and some near impossible. One of the things on my bucket list was to do a skydive.

Two years ago I spent three months travelling round South America. We visited so many places and it was a great experience. One of the most amazing things we saw was Iguassu Falls. The day after we visited the waterfalls we were relaxing in a hostel in Brazil, having breakfast. My friend then suddenly noticed an advert on the wall saying 'skydive over Iguassu Falls today!' We looked at each other and decided it was time to do something crazy. Today would be the day that we would jump out of a plane.

That afternoon we were picked up and taken to the Skydive Centre. We put on our harnesses and helmets and we were given some instructions. After signing a few papers we were on our way to the plane! There were 14 of us in a very small space as we took off into the air. This is when my heart started to beat very fast and I felt lots of adrenaline.

Suddenly we were 10,000 feet (3,000 metres) above the ground. Luckily, I was strapped to an instructor so I didn't have to worry about anything; I just had to enjoy myself. He asked me if I was ready to fall from the plane ... but before I had time to answer, I felt the wind rushing against my face as we fell to the ground at 200 km an hour! Everything below me looked so small and my breath was literally taken away.

After about 20 seconds of falling, the parachute opened and everything slowed down. We floated peacefully towards earth, leaving the clouds behind us.

This was definitely one of the scariest but most exhilarating experiences of my life. The sensation of falling from so high is amazing and the adrenaline rush is crazy. I would definitely do another skydive if I had the opportunity. I would also love to try other extreme sports such as bungee jumping. I think that everyone should do something that scares them once in a while!

Have you ever taken a risk and done something that scared you? Would you do a skydive?

Curiousitys's picture
Curiousitys 30 June, 2017 - 22:04

I wouldn't try any dangerous sports in the future, because I get scared very usually and I am afraid of danger and heights. :(

hadia 29 June, 2017 - 13:29

I'd love to Skydive by the way. ;)
P.S During the ride, I vowed, not to sit in that again, but next morning, I had second thoughts. I literally want to ride it again

hadia 29 June, 2017 - 13:26

Yep. Lately, I took that risk. I took a ride in Fire Bird. Gosh. I thought I would die. It was so above the ground that I would have flown out of it if it had no seat belt. My mind stopped working during that ride. And that night when I reached home I don't remember a single thing of what I did. Lol. When I woke up next morning, my sister asked me about my health and other things. She told me how unconcious I was. Even I didn't remember that I changed ny clothes before sleeping. ;)))