Sport

Sport is fun!

KatieP

Winter and Christmas are now fully on their way. It is getting colder, darker and wetter outside, so I decided that to try and keep fit whilst I am living here in Germany I would join a gym. Where I live there is a gym called "Sport Spaß" which means Sport Fun! It costs 9 euros per month for a membership and with the membership you can take part in as many classes as you want to.

One of my friends also joined up and so we started going together once a week. Once we had been a few times we decided to try a few more classes and we now go about four times per week. We go to a "kick fit" class which uses a lot of air punching and kicking to get us moving, a "bums, legs and tums" class which is a lot of muscular work to help tone up your muscles, a "step" class in which we all take a plastic step and jump and step on and off the step and also an "aerobic" class where we do perform dance-like exercise to keep us fit.

Not only are these classes good for my fitness level, but I have found that often they give me a reason to get outside of the house. Even when it is cold and dark and all I want to do is curl up in bed, I head out for some sporty fun and manage to have a really good time. Recently I have been feeling a little homesick because of living away from home and so my friend and I head to the gym together to have a chat and a laugh. I always leave the classes feeling happy, worked and motivated which I think is a great feeling. I have also found that after each class I feel I want to do more. Exercise is addictive and since starting the gym it has improved my life in a lot of different ways, many which I was not expecting.

So, if you're ever feeling a little unhealthy, lazy, bored or a bit sad, I would definitely recommend trying a fitness class!

What do you do to keep fit? Do you agree with Katie that exercise can make you happier? 

JOVANI's picture
JOVANI 5 October, 2015 - 21:58

I am fit and i am careful to keep it fit by doing exercises and sports. My favourite sports is riding bikes and football.

olybos's picture
olybos 23 September, 2014 - 14:52

I do sports every day because i am a football player.Sports makes you really happy because you enjoy it a lot and find many friends to exercise together.

MALINE 16 August, 2014 - 22:37

When you do excercise your brain releases endorphin that´s the reason why you feel better afterwards.
I think swimming is the best to excercise,because it involves all the muscles,joints and your whole body and if you sweat the smell is disguised by the chloride :-}

besirchez's picture
besirchez 11 January, 2014 - 19:44

I like sport too becuase i have benefited from it a lot of life experience.
I have learned many things that if i will read a number of books, i will never taught these what i learned in my career as athletic man.
Really, believe or not, the sport is a nice way to find yourself. Maybe someone doesn't like it, but you could be aware that every beginning is hard and boring. But if we are persistent in that what we have undertaken i think without doubt that the result immediately will come.

The main thing that you will learn from sport, is confidence in yourself !!

Sorry for mistakes, if i have anythink that it's not Ok, please improve me ! :)D

MathsGuy1001's picture
MathsGuy1001 16 December, 2013 - 17:04

I really take care of my nutrition and I go to gym almost every day... I am sporty and I love healthy lifestyle cause I'm in the better mood and world looks better... It's my thing... :)

Niluh 11 December, 2013 - 07:29

Have healthy food, get enough sleep and do some exercises.
Yes, i do agree with Katie. When i feel bored, lazy or nothing to do, i usually play sports.