Sport

Thursday, 29 March, 2018 - 21:24

Why I love swimming

by LydiaBlogger2017

If you were to ask me what my favourite sport is, my answer would be swimming. I started learning how to swim when I was five years old and I have been swimming ever since.

There are many reasons why I love swimming but I’ll just share a few with you, and maybe I can even encourage you to go for a swim.

The first reason that I love swimming is that it can be extremely relaxing. I love the feeling of floating on the water and feeling almost weightless. I find that whenever I leave the pool I feel totally relaxed.

On the other hand, it can also be a fast-paced competitive sport which raises your heartbeat. It’s amazing pushing yourself to the challenge of beating someone else to the finish line and it’s great fun racing across the pool as fast as you can! Trying little tricks like underwater handstands and flips also puts a big smile on my face.

Another reason that I love swimming is that it has more variety than other sports. Swimming offers many different strokes, so it doesn’t feel like you’re stuck doing the same thing over and over again. Adding swimming equipment like flippers, a snorkel or a noodle (a flexible cylindrical piece of foam) changes the experience yet again and can help you develop your swimming technique.

In the summer, swimming provides a nice, refreshing break! There’s nothing better than jumping into the water on a hot, sweltering summer’s day. The pool makes you feel instantly better. And I think it adds to the summer holiday feeling, as for me the summer months are when I swim the most. It is a sport which can be done all over the world in many beautiful locations. You can choose to swim in a swimming pool or to go splash in the sea.

And finally, it’s a life skill which everyone should have. Not only is it good for your health, but you never know when you’ll need your ability to swim.

Language level

Do you like swimming?

Submitted by _wisehumanbeing_ on Wed, 01/18/2023 - 13:25

I used to go to swimming pool when I was little girl. Now I do not swim frequently so I do not own the same skills like I had earlier which is sad. Everyone tells that skills like swimming and riding a bike we do not forget but it is not true.

Profile picture for user Andrii

Submitted by Andrii on Tue, 02/15/2022 - 20:24

Yes, I like swimming very much. But, for example, snorkeling is much more interesting for me.

Submitted by RedTyranosaur999 on Mon, 05/31/2021 - 10:43

yes I like this sport.

Submitted by mishi on Wed, 12/30/2020 - 13:26

wow,your experience is amazing i dont enjoy swimming but after reading your experience i surely will.

Submitted by Dyybuk on Sun, 06/28/2020 - 22:08

You're experience is awesome, I hope that you keep swimming. The truth is that I don't like swimming so much, I enjoy it a little when I'm in the pool with mi friends or my family but I prefer other kaind of sports like footbal or basketball

Submitted by Solorzano_Evelyn on Sun, 06/28/2020 - 18:43

I like to swim. Also, I rarely do this sport because it is always cold in my town and my friends are not always there to go out. When I go to Esmeraldas, I love to swim in the rivers, or go to the beach to swim. It is fun.

Submitted by TR790 on Wed, 05/27/2020 - 16:49

Of course, I love swimming but I don't have time for swimming these days.
Profile picture for user SpraY

Submitted by SpraY on Thu, 04/09/2020 - 17:48

Yes, I do. But I prefer swimming in the warn ocean with beautiful beach. I can not stand chemical substacies in pool so I swim only in sea when I am on holiday. Amazing view and water around give me relax.

Submitted by valenhc1123 on Sat, 03/21/2020 - 20:27

In my opinion swimming is very relaxing, but only when I travel and it is hot. I don't do it often because my head hurts. However, I like sports and I play tennis almost every day.
Profile picture for user Knutar

Submitted by Knutar on Wed, 10/30/2019 - 13:43

Yes. I am good at tennis and skiing as well.
Profile picture for user Naro

Submitted by Naro on Thu, 04/25/2019 - 21:51

yes I like it I am very love the feeling of floating on the water
Profile picture for user Genius_Girl

Submitted by Genius_Girl on Sun, 04/14/2019 - 19:11

I like swimming, but I did not try to learn to swim in the right way. I have decided to learn how to swim in the next year after the serious exams of this year. I really like the sport.

Submitted by yoyocheckitout on Sun, 04/14/2019 - 05:24

Swimming could make me feel relax than another sports.
Profile picture for user empty

Submitted by empty on Wed, 04/03/2019 - 12:25

I guess i forgot swimming. cuz i haven't swim since i was 8 !

Submitted by Theresathanthmue on Tue, 09/18/2018 - 13:55

Of course I tried swimming when i was seven & I totally fell in love with this sport at once

Submitted by Issislikkistokki on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 06:36

Yes I like swimming a lot. Mostly in pools with a slide or a springboard. But I also really like being on the beach in summertime.

Submitted by Supersmart on Fri, 04/27/2018 - 14:31

yes i do i enjoy swimming very much
English courses near you