3

How many sports stars can you name? Whether it's five, ten, or thirty, I imagine that 90% of them would be male.

6

Summer has officially arrived in the UK, and with that means Wimbledon has now hit our screens.

5

Freedom is a fundamental human right, one which should be valued most highly.

4

When people think of winter sports, they usually think of ice skating, skiing or snowboarding.

12

When I was younger, I was very sporty. My dad is an avid runner who greatly influenced me. My great passion between the ages of 11 and 14 was long distance, or cross-country, running.

9

Being very tall I’m asked on a regular basis if I play basketball. But I have to confess, it’s a sport that has simply passed me by... until now.

3

Team sports are played, televised, and talked about across the world. However, not much publicity is given to the alternative things that we can do to improve our fitness.

9

Recently, I got an email from my student union advertising new and exciting things to do in the town of Durham. One option, much to my surprise, was to join the quidditch team!

5

I do not usually let people down when we've made plans, but when I woke up at 5.30am I didn’t want to go and climb a mountain.

3
As a new resident of Provence, upon arrival in Marseille airport I couldn't ignore the number of football shirts proudly worn by the city's residents.

Subscribe to Sport