When I was visiting Australia a few weeks ago, I knew I couldn't leave the surf capital of the world without giving it a go myself. I booked a group surf lesson when I was in Byron Bay, which is a...
2
By: ZarahK
Gaelic football is one of the oldest and most popular sports in Ireland, played by men, women and children all around the country. The ball game is played between two teams, each with fifteen players...
By: KatieJ
I first took an interest in rowing when watching Katherine Grainger at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. The British team topped the rowing medal table with 4 golds and 9 medals in total. So when I...
OK, confession time! I have never been particularly sporty. Maybe it was because my PE classes at school consisted mainly of running round a freezing race track in the driving wind and rain once a...
7
When listing off sports, many would raise their eyebrow at the mention of dance. This is despite the fact that dancers have just as rigorous training regimes as rugby players do, for example. For...
10
By: AlexC
Squash has always been a sport close to my heart; my dad taught me to play aged 14 and since then I have always found friends or a club to play with. It's a bit of a strange sport, always hitting a...