When people think of winter sports, they usually think of ice skating, skiing or snowboarding. Without a doubt, these are some of the most popular winter sports - although, thanks to artificial snow...
By: EmilyW
When I was younger, I was very sporty. My dad is an avid runner who greatly influenced me. My great passion between the ages of 11 and 14 was long distance, or cross-country, running. However, when...
1
Being very tall I’m asked on a regular basis if I play basketball. But I have to confess, it’s a sport that has simply passed me by... until now. Having recently moved to a small town in Quebec,...
By: MeganC
Team sports are played, televised, and talked about across the world. However, not much publicity is given to the alternative things that we can do to improve our fitness. Although I participated in...
By: EmilyW
Recently, I got an email from my student union advertising new and exciting things to do in the town of Durham. One option, much to my surprise, was to join the quidditch team! Quidditch is the main...
7
I do not usually let people down when we've made plans, but when I woke up at 5.30am I didn’t want to go and climb a mountain. However, I had said yes, so off I went to meet the teachers and...
2