Digestives are popular biscuits in the UK – great for dunking into your tea or coffee! So, it’s easy to see why ‘chocolate digestive cakes’ are a real favourite in my family. Sweet tooth required.
You will need
A large baking tray
A large bowl
A small pot or microwave bowl
A wooden spoon
A large packet of digestive biscuits (original or chocolate)
Optional: 100g chocolate
Grease the baking tray with spare butter or oil.
1. Melt the butter and chocolate together in small pot (or microwave). Stir well with the wooden spoon.
2. Put the digestives in a large bowl and crush into small pieces – the smaller the better.
3. Pour the melted mixture into bowl. Mix together with the wooden spoon.
4. Empty the bowl onto prepared baking tray. Flatten contents with a wooden spoon.
5. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
6. Optional: Melt chocolate. Pour the chocolate over the cake. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
7. Put tray in fridge and leave to set for two hours.
8. Cut cake into squares, serve and enjoy.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Would you like to try out John's recipe? Do tell us if you try it out!