Recipe: Rocky road
For anyone who is feeling a little confused, let me first explain what rocky road is. It is a refrigerator cake made with marshmallows, biscuits and chocolate. It's one of my favourite sweet treats - here's the recipe in case you would like to give it a try!
You will need
A small bowl
A baking tray
300g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
3 tablespoons of golden syrup (similar to honey)
200g of digestive biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
- Heat the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- When the mixture has melted, pour 100ml into a small bowl and put it to one side.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces.
- Next, add the biscuit pieces to the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan.
- Then add the marshmallows to the mixture.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tin and flatten it with a spatula.
- Pour the chocolate mixture from the small bowl over the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Then cut into pieces and enjoy!