Every November people in Britain go out and celebrate Bonfire Night. What is it? Watch the video and find out all about it!

This video is part of our Word on the Street series. Word on the Street is an exciting new English Language teaching programme co-produced by the BBC and the British Council.

Do you like fireworks? When do people in your country set off fireworks?

Comments

Batgirl's picture
Batgirl 21 May, 2018 - 17:53

I love fireworks! They're so colorful and sparkly. In my country people usually set off fireworks at New Year's Eve.

EkinA's picture
EkinA 14 September, 2016 - 17:08

I don't like fireworks, because, they set off it each wedding ceremony in my country. It's show off for them.

Nesrina's picture
Nesrina 8 November, 2015 - 01:30

I love fireworks because it's very funny in the festival I like it very well and in my country we use it especially in 1st's November festival.

3B's picture
3B 6 November, 2015 - 08:16

I love looking at fireworks. In my town fireworks are set off on Saint Rocky's festival, the festival of our saint patron. I love their colours and shapes, but they are very noisy. We make bonfires in June for Saint Antony day

Kida's picture
Kida 22 October, 2014 - 19:39

Yeah I like Fireworks A Lot ^-^
When A Firework Blows I always try to take pictures with my phone camera :D
They Set Off The Fireworks when Its New Year or the important days for us and Wedding Parties.

Agnioch99's picture
Agnioch99 5 November, 2013 - 16:37

I like watching fireworks very much. In my country, Poland, The fireworks are set off on New Year's Eve and wedding receptions.

Toma English's picture
Toma English 31 October, 2013 - 21:03

I like them, but in wide places,
Here we set off fireworks at weddings , but it's terrible!

kumamon373's picture
kumamon373 16 June, 2013 - 12:56

wow!!
I have never seen such a fireworks!!!!
I like fireworks, but fireworks of my town is small-scale.
I want to join it someday.

Tricia's picture
Tricia 16 June, 2013 - 04:49

In Japan,we don't have such a big event in New Year's Eve!
So I'm really interested in this topic.
I hope Japan held a BIG activity!!!!

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 28 December, 2012 - 09:38

Hi lkjajp,

The video is working OK for me. Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox etc) Can you see the other videos on the site? Please let us know and we'll try to help you.

Thanks,

Joanna (LearnEnglish Teen Team)

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 9 November, 2012 - 16:28

Hi gobbysym,
No, you don't need real player. You can usually just click the video. Can you watch other videos on our website or is it just this one that isn't working? Please check your computer and then write again if you have more problems.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 3 November, 2012 - 20:57

Hi lobe,
Can you watch any of the videos on LearnEnglish Teens? Can you watch videos from other websites on the computer you're using? Which browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome etc) are you using? Let me know a bit more and I will try to help you, but I've just checked the videos on the site and they are working OK.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)