Can you or any of your friends drive? Sam and his friends are going out in the car. But things don't go exactly to plan ...

Have you ever broken down? Where were you? What happened?

Comments

cklj's picture
19485x
cklj 14 June, 2014 - 14:50

I don't own a car and I can't drive yet because I'm too young. But I remember that one time my dad's car broke down when he was taking me to my dance class. It wasn't a huge problem so my dad pushed the car and it started working normally.

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 5 May, 2014 - 09:29

Hi lllll,
If there are words you don't understand you can use the 'online dictionary' that is on the right-hand-side of this page. Type the word in there and read the definition. 'Sand' is the yellow stuff, made from very small grains, on the beach or in the desert.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

MALINE's picture
MALINE 25 August, 2013 - 17:12

No,but my car was stolen last week,my family and I came back from the Doctor in the afternoon and the car wasn´t there,we´ve already presented a complain at the authorities but I don´t think we´ll recover it.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 26 August, 2013 - 07:42

What a shame :((( At least you weren't hurt. Sorry to hear that.
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

June's picture
June 24 August, 2013 - 15:08

Yes. When I was on the way home from my Math class, my bike broke down. Fortunately, I went with a friend so she helped me to fix it. It was so lucky because she had never managed to fix any bike before. Her hands were full of petrol but she still smiled happily. I met her only 1 year ago but I must admit that she is very nice to me. If only I met her earlier.
Sometimes, some boys in my old class helped me. They had gone home already but when they heard that my bike broke down, they came back although it was very hot. They are not traditionally perfect, but they are so kind.

Lavender's picture
Lavender 31 July, 2013 - 10:47

"I'll take that as a no" . Because all the kids were too tired and they fell asleep!!
LOL...

Ilehana's picture
Ilehana 22 July, 2013 - 22:31

In colombia is very usual to broken down, mostly when you're in a bus, but my worst experience was in the middle of nowhere, I was traveling to a little town far away from my city, my bus broke down, and there was not a petrol station, so I had to wait for 5 hours!!, and I was hungry, there wasn't electricity, and was cold, extremely cold....then a fire bus, rescued me and I had to go back home..and my summer was off :(