Look at the text and do the exercises to practise and improve your reading skills.

Reading

My town

My Town – Newquay

by Alex Howarth, 14

I live in Newquay. It’s a small town on the Atlantic coast in the south of England. It has got great beaches and is the best place to surf in the UK. There are lots of surf schools where you can learn how to surf. I go surfing with my friends every weekend. My favourite place is Fistral Beach.

I love Newquay because there are lots of other things to do as well as surfing. If you like water sports, you can go kayaking, water-skiing or coasteering. Coasteering is different because it is rock climbing, jumping into the sea and swimming in the same activity, but you should always go with a special instructor.

If you like animals you can also visit the Blue Reef Aquarium and see lots of different fish and even sharks. You can also go horse riding on the beach or visit Newquay Zoo. There are lots of other attractions too like mini golf and bowling. Come and see for yourself!

Tell us about your town.

Comments

Lbird97's picture
Lbird97 12 February, 2015 - 12:10

I come from Melaka whiich a state in Malaysia,which is in south-east Asia. It is a nice place to live, there are a lots of delicious food and many hitorical attraction. So, it is well-known among the traveler.

petrica's picture
petrica 6 February, 2015 - 22:57

During the Second World War German army were raidedd the classrooms of the high school,took the boys only and fired innocent child.that is tragedy and we special and famous in the world.If you want know something about Kragujevac massacre you can type in on google.also,in my town built is first theatre and first high school.We have big park,big lake and national park Sumarice.

iva16's picture
iva16 22 January, 2015 - 10:47

I live in Podgorica the mean city of Montenegro.Podgorica isn t too big ,but i like it .There are many parks too walk,there isn t too much pollution .

imentunisia's picture
imentunisia 13 December, 2014 - 13:43

hi every one I live in tunisia it's a small town wher the weather is nice I love my town because its so beautiful the most famous places intunisia are cartage, kerouan , dugga, the amohitheatre of el djem,the golden age of mosic ,sbeitla, the great mosque of kairouan and I cant never forget sousse and tozeur , sousse a beautiful contry with a fantastic beach it has the name of the pearl, means of transport there are very unusual like the noddy train and cabs and tuk tuk taxies . tozeur it is a little contry in the south of tunisia and its really beautiful . my town is fantastic and I think that it's the most beautiful one in the word

temirlan_379's picture
temirlan_379 23 October, 2014 - 13:07

I live in Temirtau. It's small town in the center of Kazakhstan. My town is industrial town. There is a big factory in Temirtau that is a big part of Kazakhstan's economy, majority of citizens works on this factory, owner of this factory called "Arcelor Mittal" is Lakshmi Mittal. There are a lot of nationalities in Temirtau, for example, I'm Кazakh, my friend is Russian, my second friend is German(his name is Gerkhard) , my third friend is Tatar etc.

EruLawliet's picture
EruLawliet 4 October, 2014 - 15:39

I live in Mukah, Malaysia. Mukah a beautiful town that full of Melanau traditional cultures.

Katniss17's picture
Katniss17 13 August, 2014 - 15:56

I live in Lisbon, Portugal. Lisbon is one of the best city/beach-combo destinations in Europe. So, there are many things to do and see.

mimi1200's picture
mimi1200 5 August, 2014 - 21:40

me i live in algeria exactly in batna town i think that its so beautiful .it has got many archaeological features . come and see for yourself !!

omrid23's picture
omrid23 9 June, 2014 - 22:38

My town is very boring.
I don't have coast in my town and you can't hear nothing.
if you're want to something you're need go to town.
And for this you need driving one hour.

iva16's picture
iva16 22 January, 2015 - 10:59

None s town isn t boring ,You just need to do something so you can t be bored,I m sure you will find some entertement .I always watch tennis or make something of old things when I am bored.I hope you will something to do.

Romeo's picture
Romeo 30 April, 2014 - 09:46

I'm from Myanmar (Burma) . I think I'm the luckiest person in the world because of my country is really the most beautiful in world. If you don't believe me come and see my country. On top of that, the beauty of Bagan is I love the most. There is nothing to touch the beauty of Bagan. So, I invite to all of my friends from all over the world. I'm highly convinced that you'll love it if you come and see .

mamido39055's picture
mamido39055 14 April, 2014 - 14:08

hello.my town is Ouled fares in the sity in Chlef in Algeria.i love it because here no find thing for do this town in the north of algeria .have here also playground to football.I am always ther in this playground for past time no for playing hhhhhh .nice text i like it

Cleverboy's picture
Cleverboy 30 March, 2014 - 09:45

Hi, I am from Azerbaijan. I live in massalli. Our city settles is in the South of Azerbaijan.
Our in the region and citrus fruits ripen and tea-growing has developed

Kate2002's picture
Kate2002 28 March, 2014 - 09:22

Hi! I`m Russian. I live in Ulyanovsk. It`s town with a great historic event for my country. In Ulyanovsk born Lenin, founder of the Soviet Union.

UneexR's picture
UneexR 24 March, 2014 - 04:38

I am from Pakistan. I live in Lahore, it is the capital of Pakitan's biggest province (according to population). It is the 2nd biggest city with the population of about 15.7 million. Lahore is the most historical city of the country. Beautiful orchards and monuments were built by the Mughal Kings in there time. It has the top educational institutes like Punjab University and Lums. Lahore is also considered as the most posh area of the country.

taniyaalaloo's picture
taniyaalaloo 24 March, 2014 - 04:36

hello I live in Mangla next to a big dam called Mangla Dam. Despite the fact we live next to a dam there is 10 hours of no electricity every day i get sad. I like to go the dam sometimes. By the way this is in pakistan . My freind is from small village called pyrane.

Adolf's picture
Adolf 24 March, 2014 - 04:34

I live in Jhelum, near the Pakistan's capital, Islamabad. It is a small town near the banks of river Jhelum. My town is known for it's historical importance. It was the place which witnessed the Battle of Hydaspes. Jhelum is also known for producing a large number of military for the Pakistan armed forces. There are lots of important places to visit such as the Rohtas fort, the Tilla Jogian complex of ancient temples and also the place where Alexander defeated King Porus. People visit these historical places and marvels.
Apart from this, they also enjoy the very peaceful atmosphere of the town.

hassanfahab's picture
hassanfahab 24 March, 2014 - 04:33

My city goes by the name of Lahore. It is the second largest metropolitan area in Pakistan, second only to Karachi. Lahore is an ancient city located at the Wagah Border on the LOC

Rupenzel's picture
Rupenzel 24 March, 2014 - 04:31

I am from Jhelum. is a city on the right bank of the Jhelum River, in the district of the same name in the north of Punjab province, Pakistan. Jhelum is known for providing a large number of soldiers to the British Army before independence and later to the Pakistan armed forces due to which it is also known as city of soldiers or land of martyrs and warriors.The name of the city is derived from the words Jal (pure water) and Ham (snow), as the river that flows through the river originates in the Himalayas There are a number of industries in and around Jhelum city, including a tobacco factory, wood, marble, glass and flour mills