Have you ever had a party without telling your parents? Watch what happens when Kate invites a few friends to her house.

Comments

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 19 April, 2020 - 11:54

I don't think having a party without the permission of my parents is a good idea. If my parents finds out, they'll kick my butt and gut. I've never had any parties except the two pajama parties with a single friend. I wish I can join a beutiful masquerade and a ball. I will be famous musical star, and I'll have a party only three times in my life. First, I'll have one when I became a university student. It'll be quite small party, which I'll do with only my parents. Second, I'd like to have a party when I finish my first musical. I'm planning to invite most of my friends and families. And last, I want to have a last party when I become eighty years old. So, my opinion is having a party without my parent's permission is very dangerous and not good, because it is same to lie. I'll never meet my friends and have a party with my friends without my parent's permission.

bobes_cze's picture
bobes_cze 8 April, 2020 - 10:15

doing party without knowing of parents is almost impossible because they will know everything you did because someone will tell to someone else him will tell for example younger sibling and they tell that to their parents them for 99% know someone who knows party maker parents and then they will know and gets furious because they know that from someone else and don´t know from their kid

Chocomint's picture
Chocomint 15 August, 2019 - 07:48

From my point of view I will ask my parent or older people in my family if I want to make a party at home. It is more comfortable for both ( my friend and my family ). Moreover, my family will respect the suggestion and let us enjoy. There are nothing to hide so there are nothing to find.

empty's picture
empty 23 June, 2019 - 17:13

Is it possible to have a party without your parents finding out? And is it a good idea? No way !! My parents wouldn't be happy when they found out , Because It's not possible to keep that secret for the rest of my life .

Jassu's picture
Jassu 18 March, 2018 - 18:11

Hello sir.
Please tell me that forms(like used to/be or get used to),gerund,to-infinitives,phrases and conditional sentences are considered as part of english grammar or not?

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 19 March, 2018 - 07:40

Hello Jassu! Yes. All of those patterns and structures are considered to be part of English grammar. Best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 12 June, 2017 - 16:35

Parties are annoying according to me. Loud music, shouting, fighting and making the place messy... well, they're not very enjoyable in my opinion. I've been to one with my parents, and all three of us woke up with a headache the next day. Geez, the music was so loud, and I had an ear ache all night long. I guess my parents had the same issue. I'd rather spend a weekend curled up in a good book, with a hot chocolate in hand. And maybe invite my friends over. But no parties, ever! ;)))

darkalpaka's picture
darkalpaka 3 October, 2017 - 18:46

I think parties are good. You just have to find out which kind of parties you prefer. For example, I like to chill out with my friends and have a good time Saturday evenings... Good music, enjoyable conversations and of course very nice people.

Snapcupcake's picture
Snapcupcake 19 April, 2017 - 12:43

No! it's not a good idea because you have to ask your parents. and if not you will get problem!

donya123's picture
donya123 16 August, 2015 - 12:43

No, I dont think thats a good idea. My parents allow me almost everything, so if i organize a party without their allowance, I will have problems with them and I would lose Trust. They have faith in me and I would not like to break this. I love to have party with my friends to hang out with them and put on some music, but only once when my parents give me their permission. Then only that way I can have good party and would not be afraide, that my may find out some day.

Wolvi141's picture
Wolvi141 23 January, 2015 - 17:30

ı just realized something about video. at the beginning the painting ,that stands on wall, probably Mona Lisa was normal but in the last Picture mona lisa had glasses on . Parents could notice it ! :D

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 24 January, 2015 - 07:44

Hi Wolvi141,
Well spotted! I think the parents probably would find out about the glasses sooner or later!
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

ngocanh89's picture
ngocanh89 27 October, 2014 - 14:06

I think if we have a party . we should ask parents , join with we ., my parent always happy when they meet my friends . we will make they fun by that. We don't need dress up or have music at party . just rather together for cooking and have good meal.

Taioor's picture
Taioor 16 August, 2014 - 11:49

I never lie to my parents nor i can keep any secrets.As far as parties are concerned , my parents would never allow me, even if i ask them. It's because they don't like the idea of hanging around with friends.

cklj's picture
19484x
cklj 19 June, 2014 - 12:58

It's impossible for me to organize a party at my house without my parents knowing because my mum doesn't go to work and she's always at home. Plus I'm not that type of a girl which would invite friends to come round and let them make a mess. If I want to have fun with my friends my parents don't mind and let us watch movies, playing board games, gossip etc.
I think that the parents know everything and it's very hard to keep a secret because they know you best.

Jenny_Greece's picture
Jenny_Greece 24 May, 2014 - 17:42

I don't think a secret party is a good idea...Because if your parents find it out, they may punisht you and lose their trust. You'll have more fun if you know that your parents let you have a party =)

AnaB's picture
AnaB 1 December, 2013 - 21:06

No, that isn't possible.If I do something like that and than they find out...... :3 ... If I want party, I'll tell them and they will allow me to do the party. But that's isn't godd idea.:)

Angelica's picture
Angelica 15 May, 2013 - 18:40

no because it is very dangress maybe my friends are bad maybe bribour We don't now

fatmira n's picture
fatmira n 2 May, 2013 - 15:27

i am small to make party only and so i like to make party with my parents,it is a good idea

Natalija's picture
Natalija 26 April, 2013 - 18:32

No, I would never do that. They understand me completely and there's no reason to have a party and not to tell them. I'd feel bad later, because I usually tell them about such things, and they'll allow me to have a party if I want, so I don't need to lie.

Gabby's picture
Gabby 26 March, 2013 - 23:43

I would never tell my parents a lie! If I wanted to have a party, I would ask their permission! But I don't like parties very much, because I don't like mess and noise. I prefer seeing my friends just to talk and have a snack.

sailor moon's picture
sailor moon 26 March, 2013 - 19:54

Absolutely no! I can`t go to the party without telling that my parents.
I think that isn`t a good idea.I always tell my parents and they
are proud for me. They believe in me. Me too.