Look at the chat and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

What other words do you know in text message style? Do you prefer writing in text message style or in full?

Comments

Iukas's picture
Iukas 23 September, 2016 - 09:07

I use most of those words the one that I don't use is "C u" I also use many smileys when I talk to my friends like =), ¨w¨, cx, xD.

Svetlana273645's picture
Svetlana273645 23 August, 2016 - 12:17

For instance pls, btw. I am keen on short-messages. If I chat with my friend to have a stroll or to go to the cinema I use emoji keyboard.

VietAnhh's picture
VietAnhh 21 August, 2016 - 16:15

I love to chat with short words. (^^) i usually use:
G9 = good night
BB = bye bye
9 = nice
...........

Thatladienro's picture
Thatladienro 26 July, 2016 - 03:06

i prefer writing in text messenger style because it is faster and it isn't keep other people waiting long

susu147's picture
susu147 5 July, 2016 - 02:42

I prefer writing in the text message.
An other abbreviation is 4 which can be used as for

hadia's picture
hadia 26 June, 2016 - 17:22

Messages sent in texting style make it easier to chat with each other. So I prefer writing in text style while chatting with friends and family :P

Persianman's picture
Persianman 24 June, 2016 - 21:52

hey guys
when i want to read or translate something i can do it pretty good but when i want to write something or have a conversation i cant use the words very well although even i know the meaning of them how can i fix it?
tnx a lot

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 25 June, 2016 - 08:09

Hi Persianman, that's a very good question and I think a lot of people feel the same as you! Speaking a language is a practical skill and therefore needs a lot of practice. Think of it like learning to swim - it's not enough for someone to describe to you exactly how to do it. You need to get in the water and practise! In the same way, it's not enough to simply know grammar and words. You need lots of practise with using them to communicate. So practise, practise, practise! Writing comments on LearnEnglish teens is a great way of improving. And look out for our new speaking skills section. Good luck and keep up the good work! :) Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

swimming17's picture
swimming17 21 June, 2016 - 13:19

Hello everyone! I logged here today and I want to improve my English, especially listening and speaking. I learn English for about 8 years, but it's not so good, I think it has to more better. Can you give me some advice, what should I do to improve my English skills? Thank you for answers. Have a nice day! :)

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 21 October, 2016 - 13:51

Hello, fresher ! I am an old member here. I think listening English songs and movies would be a good way to improve your listening and speaking and it is fun too, isn't it? :)