Look at the job adverts and do the exercises to practise and improve your reading skills.

Reading

Finding a job

A

Babysitter needed

We need a babysitter to look after our two boys aged 5 and 7 after school from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Mon – Fri.

£40 a week.

Call Mary on 678345211

B

Newspaper round before school

We need young people to deliver newspapers on Mon, Wed and Fri mornings. The paper round takes 30 minutes in the village of Clanbrook. Papers must be delivered before 8 a.m. and you must have your own bike.

Interested? Ask for more info at Clanbrook post office.

C

CITY MUSEUM

Holiday job

Do you want to earn some extra money this summer? Do you speak another language?

We need French, Spanish or German speakers to work for us in the City Museum shop Tuesday – Saturday.

Send your CV to citymuseum@shopjob.lkj

D

PART-TIME WORK

Munchies Café

We are looking for breakfast and lunchtime staff to work in our café on Saturdays.

Come in (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) or call Bella on 612398745 (after 4 p.m.)

Do you have a part-time job?

Comments

Sofia18's picture
Sofia18 1 March, 2018 - 16:30

I don't have a part time job, because in my country it is not common that a high school student work while he/she is studing, It is more common that a university have a part time job while he/she is studing; I really would like that my country is like Japan, where the students star the classes at 8:00 a.m and finish It like... at 4:00 p.m and if you want you can stay at school in the extra activities, like sports or club of drama or in the school band, or you can go to your part time job, because in that country is normal that a high school student have a part time job like in a cafeteria, or in a library; I think that it is great to work and earn your own money, without depend of your parent's, or if you want to help them with some extra money.
I would really like to have a part time job, like in a music shop, or something that can give me the experience necessary when I will have to apply for a job.

Yoon's picture
Yoon 1 March, 2018 - 16:29

i have a part time job but only on holidays, so i can earn more money, my pay is prettygood actually.

denyneira12's picture
denyneira12 1 March, 2018 - 16:28

Depend, If i dont any other work, it would not be a good option, firstly because the rest of the day you dont have any more for realize, and this jobs the pay is not very good. But if you study in the morning or have other job, this option is the better, because you can earn extra money and your free time it would be productive. This decision depend only of your time and your purposes.

Jsesusdavidg's picture
Jsesusdavidg 1 March, 2018 - 16:27

No, I dont have a Part Time Job becouse of my time, I would Like to have a work related to my Carrer, becouse i wnat to study Music or something related to sound systems to improve my skills as a Musician but here in my country this kind of Jobs are Just for people with experience, at least you need to have an school diploma or something to work in this kind of stuff thats annoying and unfair >:V :(

Dalejopuentes's picture
Dalejopuentes 1 March, 2018 - 16:25

no, i only hs a full-time job in the vacations, i consider that is better work a full time in the vacations because the pay is better than the a part-time job

Anonimo0817's picture
Anonimo0817 1 March, 2018 - 16:25

I don't have a part-time job because in my country that is unusual and I need to concentrate on my study. But, I would like to work as a babysitter because I love the boys, they are so cute!! Also, I would like to work in a cafe, because I think that job is easy and you don't need a lot of experience.

julian585's picture
julian585 1 March, 2018 - 16:22

I don´t have a part-time job but I would like to have one to cover some of my expenses and to save money to buy some videogames and to go out with my friends