Look at the job adverts and do the exercises to practise and improve your reading skills.

Reading

Finding a job

A

Babysitter needed

We need a babysitter to look after our two boys aged 5 and 7 after school from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Mon – Fri.

£40 a week.

Call Mary on 678345211

B

Newspaper round before school

We need young people to deliver newspapers on Mon, Wed and Fri mornings. The paper round takes 30 minutes in the village of Clanbrook. Papers must be delivered before 8 a.m. and you must have your own bike.

Interested? Ask for more info at Clanbrook post office.

C

CITY MUSEUM

Holiday job

Do you want to earn some extra money this summer? Do you speak another language?

We need French, Spanish or German speakers to work for us in the City Museum shop Tuesday – Saturday.

Send your CV to citymuseum@shopjob.lkj

D

PART-TIME WORK

Munchies Café

We are looking for breakfast and lunchtime staff to work in our café on Saturdays.

Come in (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) or call Bella on 612398745 (after 4 p.m.)

Do you have a part-time job?

Comments

YVan's picture
YVan 19 April, 2019 - 07:43

I want to find a part-time job related to my English language profession to have a little experience before entering life. under current conditions, it is a bit difficult.

Haocbs's picture
Haocbs 18 April, 2019 - 16:54

I had a part time job last summer. I worked as a waitress for my aunt's coffee shop and I only worked 5 hours a day in the morning. Luckily, my salary was enough to buy what I want.

wumeomeo's picture
wumeomeo 18 April, 2019 - 16:30

I don’t have any part-time job at this moment, but I really wanna one. I think it’s unimportant but we should have for our experience because it give you many skills that will help your future such as: confidence, communication, time management, team-work and so on

linhdan83's picture
linhdan83 18 April, 2019 - 14:48

I only have a part time job on holidays or in the summer when I don't have to go to school. Therefore, I can get a small income and it won't interfere my school work ^^

Youjiro's picture
Youjiro 3 February, 2019 - 12:12

I have a part time job.I work at a restaurant in my city.I notice that part time job is waste of time.I can't study in my room.My boss is extraordinary person.He control me every moment .I'm under pressure during the part time job.I will quit job next month.my aim of doing part time job is store money. Now it time leave part time job.

Hoanghao251's picture
Hoanghao251 18 April, 2019 - 13:55

I think you're true. If you feel uncomfortable, you can quit that job right now. It's too hard to do things you dont like.

alexamejia0419's picture
alexamejia0419 1 March, 2018 - 22:58

I've never had a part-time job because I'm too young to have one. Another reason why I have not had a part-time job is because my parents don´t let me have one and if I had the time to have one, I wouldn´t know what I would do. But I think it would be nice to have one because this would make me more responsible and I could buy some things without asking my parents.

zxcv's picture
zxcv 1 March, 2018 - 16:59

if someday i have a job during the university i preffer it will be a halftime one because i whant to do other things that interest me. Gabriela Lora

denyneira12's picture
denyneira12 1 March, 2018 - 16:58

i think is a good idea hace a job on summer , you have money for the things you want and the things you wanna do , i have been working in my uncle company , you have a hard work and a hard reward . sergio almeida

kevinZR's picture
kevinZR 1 March, 2018 - 16:51

yes, i have a part-time job, i'm a soccer player in millonarios f.c and in this work i have go all days to training, in sometimes millonarios have a match and my team go to watch them, this is my part-time job

david_munevar's picture
david_munevar 1 March, 2018 - 16:51

I had a part time job the last year on vacations with my dad because he need help and i have free time, we work in jewelry boxes and instantly finish one he brings more to continue working and depend the types of the box are the payment.

LuisMi3212's picture
LuisMi3212 1 March, 2018 - 16:49

I have never had a par time job, because, till now I hadn’t need one. But maybe I will need a part time job course I think that it’s necesary and that I will need money so I will have to win it. NAREN

valeriaabarros's picture
valeriaabarros 1 March, 2018 - 16:47

i think that, job of freetime is a good because this jobs give money and that money is always necessary for our life. if i would have a work of a free time it would be something that, i like, for example in a clothing store. i would like take the job in the summer because in the summer i always boring in my hause so i think that, work of freetime is a good idea

LuisMi3212's picture
LuisMi3212 1 March, 2018 - 16:41

I don’t have a part time job beacause I’m a a student so I spend my time in homework and that stuff, I will like to because I like to have my own money and spend it the wait wanted to

denyneira12's picture
denyneira12 1 March, 2018 - 16:40

no, i don´t have a part-time job but i want have one because i wuold like win money. one of the part-time jobs that i would like have is a restaurant casier. one job that i wouldn´t have is a babbysitter because some of kids are stressings.

do for: Felipe Ast.

Carlos2312's picture
Carlos2312 1 March, 2018 - 16:38

I dont have a part-time job, but when you want to get a job, you need some experience and if you have had a part-time job, can help you to get the job. a part-time job can helps you to have the necessary responsibility for a job. And that you get an extra money for your work is something good.

Corchuelo's picture
Corchuelo 1 March, 2018 - 16:36

Hi, at the moment i don´t have a part-time job, but i have a holidays job, i used to sell tennis, t-shirts and another types of sport´s clothes, which i get by a importer, who brings a very good quality clothes, i would like to do a part-job in a future.

sofiasuarez09's picture
sofiasuarez09 1 March, 2018 - 16:34

No, I don´t have a par-time job, because I don´t have time every days. For example, I have to train the mondays and wednesdays voleibol in the afterternoon. Other reason is that in my country is illegal, but equally many people do it.
I consider that later I would like to have a part-time job, because sometimes I need money and my parents do not give me it. Also because I like save money for my expenses.

lulaciro's picture
lulaciro 1 March, 2018 - 16:34

No, I do not have a part-time job, due to my age, in many places, stores, restaurants, etc. They will not let me work because I'm not yet old enough to do it. But, honestly, I would like to have a part-time job, I think it's a good opportunity to have experience and know how to defend myself before some people. also i will like to have it because it would be good to have money to buy things that i consider neccesary for me.

Nicolas1682's picture
Nicolas1682 1 March, 2018 - 16:34

I do not have a part-time job because I do not have time because I arrive at 4 pm at my house and all the part-jobs near my house are in the morning

JScaballero's picture
JScaballero 1 March, 2018 - 16:33

I don't have a part-time job, but I think it could be a great way to earn cash without be under pressure and have free-time after that. Maybe save up to buy something amazing, a way to be productive.

angemp1204's picture
angemp1204 1 March, 2018 - 16:32

No, I don't have a part-time job because I'm too young and it is illegal, in a company they won't let us to sign a contract because the police could close that company. Once, in my family there was no money so, I looked for a job and I got it, it wasn't a part-time job because the hours were very long, I entered at 9.00 am and I finished at 8.00 pm, sometimes it was longer. That helped my family and I learned a lot of things, but that didn't leave me time for anything. Later, I will look ffor a part-time job because my family won't give everything for ever.

Lummi's picture
Lummi 1 March, 2018 - 16:31

No, I don't have a part-time job, but I really want one, I think that having a part-time job you can improve your skills, and also, gain some experience that could be useful for your life in the future. In my life, for example, I want a job like this for the holidays because in that time, I'm doing nothing and I'm so bored in my house, so having something like that could be funny and interesting. Also, I think that this type of job gives you a different perspective of the ''real life'', I believe that my country could use some academic methods of France because there, in the "final grade" of school, you can do an internship and with that have some bases for future work.

BroustounJr's picture
BroustounJr 1 March, 2018 - 16:30

At the moment, I have not a part-time job, but I would like to have one, because I would earn more money and I would not ask for it to my mom. it lets me buy anything because is my cash. :v

Anonimo0817's picture
Anonimo0817 1 March, 2018 - 16:30

yes, I am worked with my mom y her store the weekends and I help her organized the market and stocking soda and others things. Luis Alejandro