In this exercise you have to put the right word in the gaps. Follow these tips to get top marks.
- Read the text carefully before and after the gap to help you choose the right word.
- The words are often in a box. Careful! Sometimes there are more words than gaps.
- If the words aren’t in a box, be careful with your spelling.
- Start with the words you know and tick them off so you know which ones you've used.
- If you don’t know an answer, write a word. You may be right!
- If you write a word in the wrong gap, then another word in the exercise may be wrong too.
- Check your answers carefully when you finish. Read the whole text to see what it sounds like.
Are you good at vocabulary gap-fill exercises?
Personal online tutoring
EnglishScore Tutors is the British Council’s one-to-one tutoring platform for 13- to 17-year-olds.