What's going on in your local area? Look at the different notices on the noticeboard and do the exercises to practise and improve your reading skills.

Is there a noticeboard in your school or local shop?

If you are interested in Zumba, check out this blog post in our Magazine section.

Topics:

Comments

dhadzikadunic's picture
dhadzikadunic 1 December, 2021 - 22:30

There is a noticeboard at the local Tesco. You can find notices about different things like room sharing, Yoga lessons, etc...

Andrii's picture
Andrii 29 June, 2021 - 16:52

There aren't noticeboards in our schools and shops, but we have noticeboards near some of houses.

Kostantinus's picture
Kostantinus 21 January, 2021 - 07:43

Sometimes when I go outside I see some notices on the walls of the buildings or the trees about lost animals. I have a dog so I understand what lost animals' owners feel. And when I see it I always slow my steps to pay attention to the notice. Maybe on some days I will meet some of those four-legged pets.

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 7 August, 2020 - 10:45

Yes there is a noticeboard in my school but its just like a reminder for the students likes if there is a meetings teachers-parents or events, festival coming soon or the teachers put some paper to remind the students the important exams.

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 14 June, 2020 - 09:04

There is one noticeboard which only teachers can use. So students can't put something up on that, and if someone lost something, you should write several ads and tape it on the wall. I think this is one of the disadvantage in my school, because even the ads on the wall are stripped away very quickly. Once I'd put my musical posters on the wall and the school gate and went home. And after ten minutes, I came back to school to get my schoolworks. And guess what? There were no posters any more. And I should advertise about it to all of my friends. The posters and adds
are not availiable in our school's noticeboard. Those are not availiable for the walls. Then where we should put those up? I can't think of it any more. So I want to make some noticeboard which is for only students if I become a school president, or even there is an opportunity to speak up to my school. I just hope my next new school have lots of noticeboards which I can put everything I should post.
(I'm not interested in Zumba, though.)

Niriamcar's picture
Niriamcar 9 May, 2020 - 09:47

No, but sometimes the teachers put some posters to advertise activities for the students. I really would like be able to put something in a noticeboard. That must be awesome.

Elife's picture
-1x
Elife 9 February, 2020 - 22:17

Yes, there is a noticeboard in my school. And this helps us to know about occasional exams, intercollegiate sports and other important matters for us.

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20510x
Tina - Coordinator 3 June, 2018 - 10:48

Dear Samduykhanh!
Essential means extremely important. In this sentence from the text ... Experience of shelf-stacking an advantage but not essential... means that experience is not important to apply for this job as a part-time supermarket worker.
Best wishes, Tina (LearnEnglish Teens Team)