Can you always find what you want to find on the internet? These eight easy-to-remember tips will help you to become a safe and smart searcher!

What type of information do you search for on the internet?

Comments

vyhoai61nna2's picture
vyhoai61nna2 20 November, 2020 - 09:20

I usually use the Internet everyday for learning, entertaining or reading news. I have to say that it's quite useful for me, it helps me find the information I need more quickly and accurately. To be honest, the Internet makes people's life more comfortable, when you looking for something, just type what you want to find out. In addition, Internet is essential for learning. When using it, my knowledge is expanded more, and I can also learn about culture, other countries, people that I love. But sometimes, we also have to be careful in selecting and receiving information by fake news.

Jenny201's picture
Jenny201 29 September, 2020 - 11:05

I usually search for different information such as news, learning, novels, ... something just like that. Based on the Internet, it's quite convenient and takes advantage of many things. An excellent tool helps me to discover other languages and fantastic cultures as we can't afford to travel to different countries. Every day, the Internet is always full of the latest news that TV hasn't reported to the people yet. As a result, we can catch up with world trends and extraordinary things. However, we have to filter the content to see on the Internet. It always contains false information that causes severe affections to our beliefs and awareness.

zagrybast's picture
zagrybast 14 August, 2020 - 11:33

Usually I search different information. It can be from a science article to a daily question.

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 3 August, 2020 - 10:50

I search many information on internet because it simple to navigate and find what you're looking for. however reading this article give me more information to how being a good searcher to find the good information and to avoid doing mistakes that can give me bad information so I thanks British council for that.

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 20 June, 2020 - 04:19

I don't use my computer and phone to surf the internet, but I sometimes search for some news and movies. And in this circumstance, when the COVID 19 is spreading across the whole world, I always check the confirmed cases of coronavirus and their moving route. Then, I check the internet articles and some movie blogs which gives me some informations about the famous and newly-released movies, such as 'Onword', 'The Greatest Showman', or '결백'. I can watch the main trailers of the movies, or check the actors or actresses in the movies. And I also can read the other people's reviews with their scores, to decide to book the tickets for that movie. But, I think internet is not good for the children, because if we don't add the filter on, we can see everything in this. Some violentical and not available photos or video clips can be watched by them, and it means that these could make young people a psycho. So I'm trying not to search so many in the internet, and I strongly think surfing the internet when we're young is not good for us.

fast_and_curious's picture
fast_and_curious 13 June, 2020 - 06:39

I try to get as much as I can from the internet and I try to be aware of the false information as well.

bloomybloom's picture
bloomybloom 31 May, 2020 - 16:18

I use the internet a lot, especially in this lockdown,because I take online courses. But in the other days I use the internet to take more informations than I took on the class, In general I usually search about Maths and Physics because I'm a scientific student :)

Elife's picture
Elife 7 February, 2020 - 00:44

Nowadays, I search almost all kinds of information on the internet. Currently, I use the Internet to read books and watch news that make my knowledge expand more.

_nguyenthanhtom's picture
_nguyenthanhtom 26 November, 2019 - 09:17

For me, to become a safe and smart reseacher we must know how to use the nearest keywords, select the appropriated results, eliminate irrelevant results or unhealthy information

Kimkhanh305's picture
Kimkhanh305 26 November, 2019 - 08:19

In this modern society, we gain a lot from the Internet. However, too much information will make us confused and cannot choose which one is suitable for us. Therefore, it is great if we know how to filter the correct information. This article is indeed useful for us!

yennhi2k0's picture
yennhi2k0 24 November, 2019 - 15:51

I usually use the Internet everyday. For surf Facebook, Instagram, for search information, for read newspaper, for listen to music. Almost, my activities attached by Internet. It is quite useful and fast. Moreover, it shows me to know someone helpful tips to be a smart searcher in modern life. But sometimes we also have to be careful in selecting and receiving information by fake news more and more appear

Ngocthao60nna10's picture
Ngocthao60nna10 19 November, 2019 - 02:57

I usually use the Internet every day. It is quite useful, I often use the Internet to read newspapers because I enjoy reading newspapers and watching news. In addition to the Internet is essential for learning, when using the Internet my knowledge is expanded more. Although the Internet is very useful, we need to filter the content that is necessary and suitable for ourselves because the Internet still has some negative.

haahaa0912's picture
haahaa0912 11 November, 2019 - 16:54

I can not agree with the author of this article more. It shows me to know some helpful tips to be a smart searcher in the modern life. Among of a large deal of huge information the modernized technology society brings, we are suggested to be cautious to find accurate hotnews, press, bulletin and many others.

AyuNguyen's picture
AyuNguyen 5 November, 2019 - 14:07

First of all, I have to say that this article is very helpful for me, it helps me find the information that I need more quickly and accurately.
For me, I search almost all kinds of information on the internet. To be honest, the internet makes people's lives more comfortable, when looking for something, just type what you want to find out. Learn about culture, other countries also easier, news updated every day. For example, storm No. 5 last week, before the news on TV reported to the people, the internet was full of news about it first. This helps people have more time to prepare to prevent storms, minimize loss of life and property.
But sometimes we also have to be very careful in selecting and receiving information. By fake news more and more appear.

kieunguyen_1076's picture
kieunguyen_1076 24 October, 2019 - 11:31

We are using the internet everyday, everytime and everywhere. The information on it is too much that makes us confused. Therefore, we need to have a filter and check again the information we looked up.

Scorpio's picture
Scorpio 24 October, 2019 - 06:56

When internet have been appeared in the world, and also that time the human were expanded everything... So convenient when we are owning a huge treasure and they are very worth if we know to discover and use them a right way. The internet helped me many things in my life, my work, my study and even my pass. I regularly update new things in the world about cultures, social realities of countries, watch some programs about foods, music and anything i wanna understand much more... Especially, i used internet to update some sofwares related to English and musical intrusments to me can follow and learn easier. Through this way i can improve my English skills or ability to play musical instruments in anywhere, as long as i have a telephone beside myself.

lyly's picture
lyly 23 October, 2019 - 17:50

I often search for my lectures and exercises. I also use the Internet for entertainment like watching cartoons or surfing Facebook in free time. I usually check the weather forecast on the Internet before going somewhere. Undeniably, Internet has become an integral part of my life.

havy230819's picture
havy230819 23 October, 2019 - 10:18

I can't imagine how it could be without the Internet. For me, the Internet is extremely vital, especially when I need the information to do my homework. The Internet provides me the knowledge of many topics that I'm curious about. I usually search for things that I interested in likes: planets, countries' cultural, old tales, music, beauty tips, books' titles,.. but sometimes I simply search "how to cook something delicious but easily". ^^

nguyenthao0808's picture
nguyenthao0808 16 October, 2019 - 12:57

Nowadays, searching information on the Internet comes more and more essencial. A new problem has been raised: how to be a safe and smart searcher? As a student, I search information everyday to study well. If I'm not a good searcher, I will have wrong or unwanted results. For me, searching on the Internet is very important and this post very useful.

hamynguyen's picture
hamynguyen 7 October, 2019 - 03:48

Hi! I am just a student so the Internet is so nessesary for me.It is fast and convenient when you look in for information that you need. To me, I often do a search for relax and studying.I find languages lesson on the youtube and also movie.Besides, I find information I need on google , contact with my friends and family and so on.However, don't abuse it too much, just use it as an useful tool.

Tuan_Quoc's picture
Tuan_Quoc 29 September, 2019 - 16:41

I often search the internet for information on learning and reference resources online so that I can expand more important knowledge as well as improve the other necessary skills in life as communication skills, presentation skills.

Quocvu's picture
Quocvu 29 September, 2019 - 10:27

I search for my homework, entertainment and watching films. Sometime i search for studying English. I think it very useful

gean123's picture
gean123 3 September, 2019 - 14:08

I always look for information about my homework of math, history, literature, english, etc. Sometimes I search imformacion about games and technological advances

SAHC2019's picture
SAHC2019 27 August, 2019 - 13:52

i search about learning, mathematics and tecnology, also sometimes i search some ebooks of english to improve my level. And finally, i search information about a game that i play.

Rohan26's picture
Rohan26 12 July, 2019 - 02:02

i search for topics from my syllabus because i find it in simple language and in points,it is easier to remember than long paragraphs and sometimes in typical language in books and also number of sites have different contains in them so where i find simple and reliable i choose that to remember.

Youjiro's picture
Youjiro 4 February, 2019 - 13:53

When I take a train I search train schedule using web browser.It is fastest way checking time table.Searching internet is very common when I go to out side.I guess everyone search word whenever who want to do anything.Whenever I decide to do anything firstly I search on the internet how to do that or what it "search word".It is helpful for me.

parsasoroori's picture
parsasoroori 15 January, 2019 - 12:29

There are some more useful suggestions that I've already experienced and can help you to have a better result. I firmly believe that Mr. Google is the best teacher I've ever had. Sometimes you are looking for a very special result; the search engine helps you and suggests you the search sentences that some people used them and find the answer; Follow this suggestions. If you are looking for picture, video, doc, pdf; always use .pdf or .rar as a keyword. Always know what you are looking for.