Listen to the speakers describing their favourite things and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

What's your favourite thing? Why is it important to you?

Comments

Wendy's picture
Wendy 21 August, 2022 - 14:44

My favorite thing is the book that my grandfather gave me. It has a lot of poems, songs, and pictures that were composed and collected by him during the war. This book has made me grateful to fighters for their death which helped my country to win and end the terrible slaveship. I really love this book.

davidrotabor's picture
davidrotabor 7 July, 2022 - 06:51

My favorite thing is my body and its components, without them I could not do anything

SEBASTIAN's picture
SEBASTIAN 6 July, 2022 - 23:06

hi my favorite thing is my computer because in my computer i can edite videos , watch youtube ,play video games and listen music

ExtremeBoka's picture
ExtremeBoka 1 March, 2022 - 23:46

What I like the most is my laptop because I can do almost everything: Watch videos, write, read and also play video games! My laptop is a gift from my father when I got to high school.

raaniiaa's picture
raaniiaa 20 October, 2021 - 19:31

My favorite thing is my scrunchie because it was a birthday present and also that day was 1 year after I meet my friend. Also it is handmade i have it since 2019 and it is really useful. The reason that she made me a scrunchie for present on my birthday is because i was obsessed with scrunchies.

Valeria_'s picture
Valeria_ 21 August, 2021 - 13:36

My favorite thing is my cell phone because it is very easy to use and it is small so you can take it everywhere, also because with it you can do many things such as taking classes, doing homework, watching videos, chatting with friends, etc.

nelly_boom90's picture
nelly_boom90 2 August, 2021 - 18:01

My favorite thing has to be my cell phone. My parents presented me it on my bday. My phone is white with a transparent case. I do on it almost everything. It is really convenience to sit on social networks, especially to watch films and serials on it. I gotta mention that i am really into music, so i also listen to music on my phone literally every day. I even read books on it because the screen is wide and almost doesn`t have frames. And of course i send messages and talk to my friends on videocall who is unfortunately far away from me. My phone is really modern and fast, it has plenty of memory. Also it takes bright and vivid photos

Elpro202's picture
Elpro202 24 July, 2021 - 02:42

The books are my favourite because I love reading and they have a special meaning for me :)

DOOMslayer1232's picture
DOOMslayer1232 6 July, 2021 - 20:29

My favorite thing is my sketchbook, I love to draw in it, it is very enjoyable and relaxing

hermione123's picture
hermione123 26 April, 2021 - 22:16

I guess my favorite things are my painting supplies and my laptop. And also my Harry Potter books

rafaelyeshua's picture
rafaelyeshua 28 December, 2020 - 18:52

my favourite thing is my headphones, i know it's a little stupid but i like it, i can listen music with the radio, use bluetooth with my phone,and i can be in different places to listen music, i like it

Xuka's picture
Xuka 26 August, 2020 - 19:59

What's your favorite thing? Why is it important to you?
Recently, my favorite thing is my computer. Before it belonged to my father. After buying a new one, Dad gave me this. I love it. I can learn a lot of subjects and relax in it. I clearly understand the advantages and disadvantages of the laptop. So, I always control the time I use it.

pln's picture
pln 21 August, 2020 - 13:53

i think my favourite thing is my life and things that ı have got, like my family and friends. in my opinion our ideas and emotions more important than our belongings or something we have

Moony's picture
Moony 15 August, 2020 - 16:51

My favorite thing is my laptop, I now that it sounds a bit weird but it doesn't matter. It's my favorite thing because it help me for many things like study, watch films, read books and search things.

Rahaf_ml's picture
Rahaf_ml 11 August, 2020 - 11:24

my favorite thing is writing and the best thing i have is my books.
Why it is important? because writing is the best and the only way to express my self, i think without it my life will be horrable, and reading beside it is fun it help me to write in a good way and improve my vocabulary.

helenblack's picture
helenblack 2 August, 2020 - 13:41

My favorite things are my books. They are more than friends, they are a part of me! As if I'm exploring a different world in each book, I love reading book very much. Also I learn many things from them. I have a lot of book, some of my favorite series are The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, Fairy Oak, Percy Jackson and The Olimpians. Books are one of the best things that give me life!

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 10 July, 2020 - 10:59

My favorite thing? I think it my computer because I'm always on it. it's really simple for me to use it for doing my work or if I have a project I can simply do on it. I can watch movies on it, like on the TV. It really comfortable for me to use my computer.

Niriamcar's picture
Niriamcar 8 May, 2020 - 11:43

My favourite thing is my mobile phone. It was never a special thing for me but nowadays it is my life. The quarentine is so hard and the phone offers to you a lot of options to disconnect of your problems. I also study languages with the movile phone and I can watch series in other languages. I wish improve my inglesh :)

peachygirl's picture
peachygirl 21 April, 2020 - 17:10

My favourite thing is sports. I really like it because it makes me strong and more powerful. Also I like playing guitar because I love music.

marlopseg's picture
marlopseg 20 March, 2020 - 10:55

My favorite thing is the football.Because it´s a lot of fun,entertaining and even though i
can´t play always have a ball in my feet

NCarboni's picture
NCarboni 12 March, 2020 - 12:11

My favorite thing is a simple soccer ball, it is a symbol that shows how much important football is for me. Football is everything for me, but unluckiky, i had to leave it many times because I had a lot of accident or for other season.

_king_'s picture
_king_ 2 February, 2020 - 11:38

My favourite thing is a dictionary. Yes, a dictionary. I love learning new words while i'm reading it. Everyday i learn more words reading diverse dictionaries. I just love it

hermygranger2005's picture
hermygranger2005 19 January, 2020 - 15:48

My favourite thing is my TV. It's black and quite large. I can watch television on it but also Youtube and I can use internet on it too. It is very entretaining thought.

Jony3031's picture
Jony3031 22 October, 2019 - 00:21

My favourity things is my tablet. It is white, large and very technological. It helps me to do tasks, jobs and entertaiment to play but only in free time.