Listen to the radio interview about improving your memory and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Have you got a good memory? What do you do to help you remember things when you're studying?

Comments

Chio's picture
Chio 9 September, 2021 - 06:44

I do not have a good memory, unfortunately. But I know that can change. I have tried some tricks like visualizing an image when you want to remember something later and you think about it when you need to. This audio was hopeful. Definitely a great website to improve your english skills.

Rabano's picture
Rabano 8 September, 2021 - 04:08

I sometimes have a good memory. I can memorize practice things or some sentences from a book, but i can do it with teory, Association of words also helps sometimes but not all the time, my memory dont is the best.

jessimg's picture
jessimg 7 September, 2021 - 20:10

This audio is very interesting, they give more ideas on how to improve your memory and I think is a very good way to practice your listening skills.

Elpro202's picture
Elpro202 3 August, 2021 - 02:32

Yes, I've a good memory in some cases.
Anyway, I don't like using memorise because a week later you'll forget everything.
To avoid that, I always try to comprend the content, without memorising concepts.
Obviously there're stuff like maths formulas that require memorising, but that are exceptions.

strawberry123_'s picture
strawberry123_ 26 July, 2021 - 10:04

I think, I have a good memory. When I`m studying, I usually try to assotiate things, I need to study, with something. For me it is the best way to remember things.

zehirli_cicek's picture
zehirli_cicek 28 March, 2021 - 18:32

In my opinion the best way for remembering the information when you're studying
1) is to highlight the topics and the most important things with a yellow pen and so when you revise again before the exam it'll attract your attention
2) repeat the information you want to save in your mind many times loudly
3) do sport to feel more active and full of energy
4) take care of your health

Kostantinus's picture
Kostantinus 25 February, 2021 - 07:35

In my point of view, the main thing in remembering some information is to use it practically. It works for any kind of knowledge. Whether you learn foreign language or IT you have to apply your theoretical knowledges in practical work. And as more you do it as better you remember new things. Just do it and you will notice great changes in your studying.

Kalenkhoe's picture
Kalenkhoe 25 August, 2020 - 19:07

I don't have a good memory. To memorize theory, I always walk while learning and recites it loudly. Also, I keep on changing by place of study, this helps immensely. Association of words also helps sometimes.

gladyglady's picture
gladyglady 13 August, 2020 - 04:00

In order to remember things when I am studying, I often use mind - maps as organizing and memorizing the lessons in my class. Not only does it work effectively but it also helps me remember the large amount of significant information for my exams. I highly recommend this method since it is apparently popular with students and is a good way to improve your memory.

Gaetan1604's picture
Gaetan1604 24 April, 2020 - 09:30

These are some great tips that I will put to the test! This was a very useful listening exercise.

Sofa's picture
Sofa 23 March, 2020 - 14:31

I've got a really bed memory, but not all of the tips work good in my case. As for association method, I'm sure association words should be phonetically or lexically related with a thing we need to remember. For example a word caterpillar seems hard to learn until you can listen it's Russian "phonetical brother" "катер пилит" so you imagine a caterpillar that saws (cuts) a boat. Singing and teaching methods work in their best way for me. I use them more often.

giusy_r's picture
giusy_r 7 March, 2020 - 11:34

I haven't a good memory but when I'm studying I have some tips to remember things, for example I write the main things while I repeat a subject that I am studying and this help me to remember.

daonguyen's picture
daonguyen 10 February, 2020 - 12:26

No, actually I have not got a good memory, I think. So in order to improve it, I have to take certain steps such as writing down the primary content of my lessons, singing or teaching whatever it is that I want to remember. These ways really work for me so you also should try.

Mihael's picture
Mihael 12 May, 2019 - 10:42

I think... I don't have good memory enough. I usually memorized all the world or associate something to particular subject

Askar100's picture
Askar100 15 February, 2019 - 16:01

This audio material was not easy to understand it. Upper intermediate is not easy for me! But audio material is interesting and useful for application!

professor's picture
professor 4 July, 2018 - 18:56

I improve my memory with memorisation. if you memory something every day regularly you'll be able to memorise everything.

volley2017's picture
volley2017 24 November, 2017 - 07:51

This video is very great and interesting. You've given us some tips that in my opinion are very helpful to improve our memory. I have already followed some of your tips, but I'm going to follow the only one that sometimes I do not often, that is teaching something to someone else. I will do this in the subjects that I'm not keen on.

Hasiki's picture
Hasiki 9 March, 2018 - 01:02

Well, my memory is not good at all. But when i learn by my heart i can edit their nick name for them and i just remember their second name.

Panama's picture
Panama 8 November, 2017 - 21:57

That was interesting. Actually I have quite good memorisation but I'm lazy so I always try to do everything to memorise things quickly and without big effort. Only yesterday I had to memorise something very quickly because I had an exam that I hadn't known about before. I decided to try to imagine the picture and put on it everything I had to remember. And it worked! I wrote everything, I hope, correctly. I'm not sure if this method with singing or repeating 'dog's name' would work with me because I think I remember more seeing something, not just hearing. But I think tricks with memorisation are generally the best idea to save time and nerves before exams.

dirkje's picture
dirkje 26 October, 2017 - 15:23

Unfortunately my memory is very bad. I always forget immediately things people told me to do. Thats why I always have my phone with my so I can put in my calendar. Another thing I learned to do is wright things or ideas down right after they popped into your head. That way I never forget important things or some good ideas.
When I am studying I try to use different colours, this way I can remember what things belong together.

Hazell's picture
Hazell 26 September, 2017 - 14:57

Today's lesson talks about how to improve our ability to memorize. It's vital to understand the process of memorizing before trying to adjust it. Memorisation combines 2 distinct forms, one is long-term memory and the other is short-term memory. To remmember something, we use both of these forms.
There are a lot of ways to recall information. Each person has an appropriate one to practice. In this video, they introduced us 4 ways: association, visualisation, singing and teaching.
In my experiences, the most appropriate way for me is teaching what i want to remember. It's no doubt that u have to understand before u can teach someone. Thus, it makes sure that u know the nature of the concepts instead of learning by heart originally. Moreover, if u record what u teach, u can listen it again and agian wherever u are. This helps your brain has chances to approach these information a lot of times and gradually creates long-term memory.
Association is also an interesting method which likes a mantra. But it requires a lot of attempts from practicer.
Generally, this listening is very useful and brings us effective ways to enhance our ability to remember. Thank u very much!

Lola12g's picture
Lola12g 20 August, 2017 - 20:15

In this listening they talk about different tips that can help you to remember things.
To memorise things we can use different methods such as memorisation, visualisation, teaching or even singing.
Everyone can use this tips because we all use our memory the same, we combine long and short term memory.
In my opinion this tips can be very useful to everybody, we can even improve our memory by using this tips!

mikiihwang's picture
2056x
mikiihwang 6 April, 2017 - 12:41

I really dont have a good memory. My brain is like the goldfish's brain: easy to forget about something.
To remember things when i'm studying, i have to repeat the information so many times, writing them in the notebook and spend time revising them later, doing many exercises about the information i've studied to remember more accurately, take tests regularly,...

crystal1511's picture
crystal1511 17 December, 2016 - 15:38

Unfortunately, I do not have a good memory. My sister usually called me a golden fish :( cause fish's brain only memory in 3 seconds. I always help my brain by using Mind Map, another reason is i love drawing so much :) I find it very useful and interesting. It helps me study more faster and have more free time.

reeree17's picture
reeree17 15 November, 2016 - 17:38

Yes. I have a good memory.
but sometimes I forget somethings So I think all the human will forget anythings..it is a truth.
I improved my memory by associated it with any things.numbers or letter or joking