Open answer questions can be difficult, but these tips will help you.
- Read the questions and underline the important information you need to listen for.
- Write the numbers for the questions before you listen. Write notes next to the right number as you listen.
- Just write down key words. Don't try and write complete, perfect sentences while you listen.
- Write the key words quickly, even if they are incomplete.
- Write abbreviations, not complete words, e.g. info (not information), Eng (not English), etc.
- Don't worry about spelling while you listen. You can correct spelling later.
- Listening time is to concentrate on what you can hear, not on your writing.
How well did you do in the exercise? Was any of this advice new to you?