Take a tour of London by listening to this tour guide and do the exercises to improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Have you been to any of these places? Which city would you like to take a tour in? Why?

Comments

Exilec's picture
Exilec 11 January, 2021 - 05:36

Yes I have. I haven't been to the London Eye, or to Madam Tussaud's museum but I 've been to the other places, like Tower Bridge and Big Ben.

Aleksandralopatina's picture
Aleksandralopatina 8 January, 2021 - 18:11

I like the sights in London. They describe its greatness, beauty, show individuality. The most famous attraction is Big Ben. The famous clock stands near the Parliament. It has four dials and five large bells. Many people think that this is the name of the clock tower in London, but in fact this is the name of the 13-ton bell that is inside it.

_Mironov2021's picture
_Mironov2021 10 January, 2021 - 09:42

There are many beautiful sights in London. I'd like to see Buckingham Palace.Buckingham Palace is one of the major tourist attractions in London. It is the official residency o the British monarchy.

Daria_piskovets's picture
Daria_piskovets 3 January, 2021 - 14:02

You can see many different beautiful sights in London, but I like Big Ben the most. The famous clock Big Ben stands near the Houses of Parliament. Big Ben is really a Big Bell. It weighs 13,720 kilograms. The clock has four faces and five Big bells. The English people built the tower and the clock in 1858.

Valentina_909's picture
Valentina_909 23 December, 2020 - 21:30

No, I haven't been to London. I would like to visit any city in Japan because I'm interested for its culture, its technology and extravagant food. I also would like to visit Rome for its tourists places.

rafaelyeshua's picture
rafaelyeshua 20 December, 2020 - 17:31

i would like to visit the Eiffel tower, the liberty statue, the Big Ben, the japan's cities, the sidney theatre, the tutankamon's piramid, the russia's castles and the Everest

PoLbUeNaRdO's picture
PoLbUeNaRdO 2 November, 2020 - 18:19

No, I didn´t visit London but I would like to have a tour of Madrid because it´s a great city and it has a lot of places to visit and have a look.

altair28's picture
altair28 20 October, 2020 - 04:28

i have never been on England and its not one of my faouvorites, but i really like to travel and get tours around my cute mexico

Xuka's picture
Xuka 20 August, 2020 - 18:01

I haven't been to any of these yet, but I know that these are the best in the UK and in the world to visit. I wish I would have a trip to those places.
At the moment, I'd like to take a tour in Kyoto, Japan’s most beautiful city and world-famous for its refined culture, dining, and charm of rural Japan. Here has sublime Zen gardens, mysterious Buddhist temples, colorful Shinto shrines, graceful geisha.
During spring, we'll experience the city with a backdrop of blooming cherry blossoms. And fall comes with warm hues of red, orange, and yellow from the maple trees that match perfectly with the warm-colored temples. The fact is, Kyoto is the most rewarding city in Japan and a place all travelers should visit at least once in their lives.

Shashi's picture
Shashi 12 July, 2020 - 03:53

I have never to London.I would like to visit Sydney.Because it is a very beautiful city. I like to visit Sydney opera, Sea life Sydney aquarium and capital theater.

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 23 June, 2020 - 13:35

I've never been to UK, so I haven't been any of the attractions in UK too. But I know a lot about those places, for I'm interested in another countries.

DIGIOTANIMES's picture
DIGIOTANIMES 10 June, 2020 - 16:50

I have never been to these places, the place I would like to visit is Japan since it is a country that I have wanted to visit to know where my culture was born and to be able to meet the creators of my culture and my favorite anime.

adrianabaizabal's picture
adrianabaizabal 27 March, 2020 - 03:52

It was a very pleasant subject, since London has always caught my attention, for various reasons, one in particular, my favorite boy band. Thanks to this audio, it allowed me to travel through my imagination to tourist places in this beautiful city. I learned interesting things and managed to expand my vocabulary. It is in my plans to visit London someday.

Pablo_29's picture
Pablo_29 27 February, 2020 - 19:27

Unfortunately not , But I want going to London to see a place which Arther Conan Doyle select to appear his imaginary character sherlock Holmes greatest detective upon the earth

Raysan's picture
Raysan 17 September, 2019 - 15:30

I really want to visit Japan, even if I can just explore it once in my life. There are so many interesting things in Japan, such as kimonos, sushi, mochi, ramen, anime... Or I can visit the amazing Tokyo Skytree, the historical Tokyo Imperial Palace or the Ramen Museum. But the enormous problem here is that I can't speak and write anything in Japanese!

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 5 July, 2019 - 11:12

I have never been to these places but my dream is visiting China. Because it's a big country, with a lot of handsome boys and pretty girls. I have learned a bit Chinese, so I think the community isn't too hard. Besides, China has lots of places to visit and of course, there are yummy foods and drinks, too. Especially, milk tea : >

khanhlinh92004's picture
khanhlinh92004 19 July, 2018 - 09:45

I would like to visit Paris, France because I think it is a lovely and wonderful city.

Nylen's picture
Nylen 5 June, 2018 - 08:55

I would've love to fly to England to see the monuments and i heard there are some good fish and chips there :)

AGoodEnglishLearner's picture
AGoodEnglishLearner 22 January, 2018 - 09:59

Hello everyone.

Great page!!

I have a question, I have read on the transcript "in the tour" and "on the tour" Are both prepositions ok?

Thank you!!

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 23 January, 2018 - 06:05

Hi AGoodEnglishLearner! They are both correct, and in most situations you can use either one. But there is a slight difference in meaning.

• on the tour = during the tour
  • in the tour = included in the tour / as a part of the tour

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

bilko's picture
-1x
bilko 14 January, 2018 - 12:03

It is a funny and informative listening activity for me. I have never been in London before but i wish i will visit one day. Thanks to this part i learnt famous places in London.
Thanks your contributions.

Nikolay's picture
Nikolay 11 November, 2017 - 06:58

I have never been in London. I'd like to visit Los Angeles, Paris and London, because I think it's very beautiful cities.

meomeomeo's picture
meomeomeo 18 September, 2017 - 09:55

i have never been in London but in future when i can, I will visit these places firstly, so that is amazing city! I will take a tour by bus, visit the famous places , specially are Big Ben and Tower Bridge. but looks like, Big Ben is preparing??? How long is it finish?