Listen to the teacher giving students advice for exams and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Does any of this advice surprise you? Have you got any good advice to share for studying for exams?

Comments

inandosouza2020's picture
inandosouza2020 16 September, 2020 - 20:07

i am surprised about eat food during the exam, by the way, i´m gonna take the exam next year and i was preparing me for it, and i was so anxious for taking it, especially abou the nervousness, well, and i also am going to avoid eat sugar before take it.

Xuka's picture
Xuka 23 August, 2020 - 18:06

I think this advice is essential and important for those who want to better prepare for their exams, including me. I also have a good tip to share for easier collecting knowledge before the exams. I usually flow charts and diagrams to write down main points about a topic of the subject, and then highlight where the gaps lie. Next, I study my materials to accomplish the topic. Do like I made you remember what you learned for longer.

pln's picture
pln 20 August, 2020 - 12:00

actually, ı am suprised about past exam papers, because my high school doesnt allow to take them and take them home. also we cant photocopy them too, we arent allow to do this. the rest of these advice are useful for student who study their exams

dma98's picture
dma98 4 August, 2020 - 21:53

All the advices that the teacher gives are good, they are very important tips that help to be well prepared and arrive without stress to the exam

Caspiterin89's picture
Caspiterin89 3 August, 2020 - 15:40

For me the advices were good, eating healty it's important for being energetic but I think that sleep enough hours is also important, I'll say even more important than eating healty! Another thing that I really care about is the reason why we do things, in this case studying. If we don't have a motivation we won't accomplish things enjoying them, but we'll do them only for a goal and not for an inner cause. So resuming my thought about studying I'll say that first you have to be energetic getting enough sleep and eating well, then you have to find your personal motivation to study, all the others thing are going to come later. Ah! I was forgottening, that school marks are just a number, so you shouldn't care them so much, aim instead on the knowledge!

Andrii's picture
Andrii 14 July, 2020 - 19:04

The first advice, that you should eat food that gives you energy was surprising for me. And my advice is that you shouldn't learn any grammar or maths rules by heart, but you should understand them.

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 1 July, 2020 - 11:39

None of this advise surprise me because they are the best one. One advise I can also give is not to panic stay calm and you get it.

ALFREDO0190's picture
ALFREDO0190 16 June, 2020 - 21:18

I like the activity since being a conversation of 2 people is more difficult to identify but it is also more fun

ALFREDO0190's picture
ALFREDO0190 16 June, 2020 - 06:56

I like this topic because, since there are no subtitles, it is more difficult to understand, although the second activity was always 50%

quarantine_studies's picture
quarantine_studies 22 May, 2020 - 16:07

no, I'm not surprised of any advice, I have already known it and I would like to add some more:
1) get a planner so you can visually see what you need to do. use graphs, pictures, webs, color code, or anything that makes you active and engaged with the information to better remember it
2) study at a time of day that makes you focused
3) study between classes in school. you’re there anyway, so go to the library and use your time well. that way you can chill when you get home and get your homework out of the way
4) you should have a clean table or space to work in. clutter and mess is distracting

Bumbli's picture
Bumbli 27 April, 2020 - 13:37

Theses tips are good, I usually follow these and I would like to add one more, having music without lyrics as a background noise, such as (my personal favourite) Lo-Fi Hip Hop, at least for me, it helps to focus on the subject I'm studying. I don't know, you can try and see for yourself.

RAPulido's picture
RAPulido 14 April, 2020 - 14:54

I don't have any advice. I do many of these advices, I study every half an hour, I study in a place with plenty light, and I keep hydrated.

slavchic12's picture
slavchic12 5 April, 2020 - 08:14

I want to talk about concentration in study. To realize your plan well, you need perform several rules or recommendations. Every person, to my mind, gets new information by surfing the Internet or from the books.
Your brain develops sensitivity, vigilance otherwise you will be distracted. While you read you can make fast break, for example: to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts; drink water, juice.
Doing your home assignment or completing a project you can`t use phone, because this device decreases concentration. The only way is to remove it until the end of the homework. Maybe you can use your phone to write down something during a lesson and you will be able to remember information from lessons. Homework will be easier to do if you don`t miss your classes.
In conclusion, last but not least- you mustn’t distracted on different interference.

peachygirl's picture
peachygirl 2 April, 2020 - 11:39

I have never had a part-time job, but I really want to. I think it is very good to do part-time job, because it makes students more free of their parents.

user's picture
user 24 March, 2020 - 16:07

Most of these advices are not new for me and I accept them for a long time. But I must say glucose is the single energy source of brain, so I don't agree to the advice about sugary things. But of course it does not mean that we should eat 5 pack chocolate and drink 3 liters cola when we studying. Consequently I think we should eat sugary things while we studying but enough and from healthy sugar sources.

GiulioEca's picture
GiulioEca 22 March, 2020 - 16:55

Yes for example don’t learn evrything and don't eat sugar and sodas. I think sugar is necessary for the brain. I don-t give other advices. the teacher give a lot of advices.

mg1208's picture
mg1208 19 March, 2020 - 14:42

No, I'm not surprised of any advice- I have already known it. If you want to have a good grade you should take a lot of tests and even more exercises, you should also try reading something more about the topic you have to learn. Maybe try watching some videos e.g. on YouTube . If you have been learning something try to tell your parents or siblings about it-it's the best in learning languages- try talk to them in language you're learning. I can assure you it'll work well. If you like studying with people study in groups, if you don't -don't. And believe you can score 100% on the test. :)
M.G

gabij54's picture
gabij54 18 March, 2020 - 19:51

It's nothing new to me because I've heard these advices before. I even use some of them. In my opinion making notes and repeating the most important informations are the best ways for studying. But don't forget about taking breaks, they're as important as two previous ways!

ZuzannaGolema's picture
ZuzannaGolema 18 March, 2020 - 19:45

The only thing that surprised me was that sweet food isn't really good for us when we are studying. I knew that a place, which is too comfortable could lead us to falling asleep. It already happened to me! I think a good idea is to split up your studying for several days, so you have more time to focus on more things.

Szalotka's picture
Szalotka 18 March, 2020 - 09:52

Nothing really surprised me. I honestly apply myself to similar advice so i think it is ok to follow her advice.

Opyat_regayus's picture
Opyat_regayus 10 March, 2020 - 22:09

It was interesting to listen to how they prepare for tests in the United Kingdom.
For me, the test was not the easiest.
But he was very cognitive for me.
I wish all the rest good luck in learning English!

ValeraY's picture
ValeraY 10 March, 2020 - 19:03

Yes, some tips are a bit strange, but at the same time they are important for the exam. I would really share some of these tips.