It's Makayla's first day at a new school and she's lost.

What do you usually say in English when you meet someone new for the first time?

Comments

ahgima099's picture
ahgima099 16 August, 2022 - 10:15

I say
What's your name?
What's grade are you in?
How old are you?
What is your favorite subject?
Are you ok?

zoeytruong's picture
zoeytruong 4 December, 2021 - 13:20

As you know I am Vietnamese, I don't have any foreign friends and i don't work for international company. So i don't have opportunity to talk in English.
I hope to get many foreign friends when my English better. :)

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20508x
Tina - Coordinator 27 September, 2021 - 08:38

Hi Hoang123,

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but you have written in your comment that you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.

Best wishes,
Tina (LearnEnglish Teens team)

pm05ipn's picture
pm05ipn 20 August, 2021 - 19:18

Hello, my name is Paola, i really like to watch movies, listen to music, and sleep, my favorite drink is jamaican water. I am a bit shy at firts, but later as i live with others i integrate.

Elsa's picture
Elsa 24 June, 2021 - 14:01

When I meet someone for the first time I say, " Hello ", "How are you?" , "What's your name?" , "My name is Thun" , "How old are you" , "I'm 13 years old." , "Where are you from?" , " What's you hobby".

Elsa's picture
Elsa 3 September, 2021 - 16:26

Of course, why not. My name is Thun . My friends call me Thun. I am 13 years old and I'm Burmese. I live in Yangon city, Myanmar. I'm friendly funny and ambitious girl. I love reading and books are my friends. I enjoy travelling too. I'm an only child. I am in Grade(7) but, at the moment I suspend from school because of Military coup. I favorite sport is swimming and I am crazy about swimming. My favorite subject is Mathematic. That's all about me. How about you?

Kanek131's picture
Kanek131 7 June, 2021 - 20:39

When I talk someone new for the first time
I ask his/her name, where he/she is from and what does he/she do in his/her free time.

Arivelde's picture
Arivelde 10 April, 2021 - 00:24

Hello, how are you? What's your name? How old are you? Where are you from? What kind of music you like? What kind of stuff do you like?

Kostantinus's picture
Kostantinus 9 January, 2021 - 07:03

Where are going? Did you have your meal? Where are you from? What are you doing here? Where do you live? How old are you?

Gui's picture
Gui 25 August, 2020 - 16:08

When I meet someone new for the first time, I say 'Hello! my name is Guido, and yours?' generally I'm very shy, specially with the new ones.

Xuka's picture
Xuka 7 August, 2020 - 19:36

I usually say "Hi! or Hello! My name's Xuka. What's your name? " when I meet someone new for the first time. Then I ask them "What grade are you in school?". If the talk can be more time, I can ask " Where are you from? Do you like reading? ... Could I have your contact, please?"