Check out this brochure with some of the most exciting adventure holidays around the world and improve your reading skills. Are you ready for this?

Reading

Adventure travel

Time for an adventure?

Are you a bit bored with your nine-to-five routine? Have a look at our exciting range of holidays and decide what type of adventure you’d like.

Activity holidays

Our activity holidays are for everyone, people who love danger or who just like sports. We have a huge variety of water, snow or desert holidays. We’ll take you SCUBA diving in the Red Sea or kayaking and white water rafting in Canada. If you prefer snow, you can try skiing or snowboarding in the Alps or even igloo-building. For those who like warmer weather, we also have sandboarding (the desert version of skateboarding) or camel safaris.

Polar expeditions

Take a cruise to Antarctica or the northern Arctic; explore a land of white natural beauty and wonderful wildlife. Our experts will explain everything about the two poles as you watch the penguins in Antarctica or whales and polar bears in the Arctic. There's no greater adventure than travelling to the ends of the earth. A once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Cultural journeys

Our cultural journeys will help you discover ancient civilisations: India, Thailand, Egypt and many more. Visit temples, palaces and ancient ruins – just remember to bring your camera! Get to know local ways of life by exploring markets, trying exotic foods and meeting local people.

Trekking tours

We have trekking holidays to famous places such as Machu Picchu or the Everest Base Camp Trek, as well as some nearer to home in the Highlands of Scotland. You don’t need to be very sporty, just fairly fit. You’ll have a great time enjoying nature with a group of new friends. Some of the holidays include camping, but we’ll transport the tents for you!

Wildlife holidays

We organise small-group tours to get closer to nature in Africa, Asia or South America. Go on safari in Africa and watch lions and giraffes. Meet the famous turtles of the Galapagos Islands. Look for tigers in India, or take an elephant safari in Sri Lanka. We use local guides and stay in a range of accommodation, from tents to tree houses.

What's the best holiday you have ever had? Where did you go? What did you do?

Comments

megh__'s picture
megh__ 9 September, 2022 - 14:12

My best holiday was in Sicily last July.
I went in the north of Sicily.
during the day I went to the beach.
In the evening I went to the restaurant and after dinner I met my friends who I had met there. I love this holiday.

yaya's picture
yaya 1 September, 2022 - 18:51

Hello, I remember a lot a vacation where I went with my husband and my two daughters to the beach. my daughters were very happy since they did not know the sea, it was incredible to see how time stopped and we enjoyed it to the fullest.
I was in Santa Marta with my family, we went to meet the dolphins and the sea of a thousand colors, we walked, and we ate a lot of fish, this was unforgettable.

JoModerator's picture
JoModerator 2 September, 2022 - 07:50

Hi yaya,

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.

Best wishes,

Jo (LearnEnglish Teens team)

uienuien's picture
uienuien 19 July, 2022 - 03:55

actually , my family and i have just travelled for only once and that trip is also the best trip i've had . It was visiting Hue - a famous ancient city in Vietnam . I travelled by train with my mom for over 10 hours . Because of staying in one place for a long time , it was quite boring . After over 10 hours , we came to Hue and I was so surprised about its peaceful and poetic beauty . We visited Hue ancient capital which is recognized to be a World Heritage site by UNESCO , the capital was truly magnificent . We stayed in Hue for 4 days , during those days we travelled a lot . It was amazing ! And I also enjoy many local delicious dishes such as rice dumpling cake; spicy beef noodle soup ; ...

grivlad's picture
grivlad 13 July, 2022 - 15:30

My best holiday was in Abkhazia, 3 years ago. I had a trip for 10 days on a beach of Black sea. There were enormous mountains near the sea. Also, I had a trip in great underground cave. There was a metro inside the cave! 2 metro stations connected the entrance of the cave and her main part. A duration of the ride is about 5 minutes.
In one of the days of my journey I had a trip in a botanical garden in the capital of Abkhazia. There were many varieties of plants which grew hundred years.
Some of them were brought from Africa and South America.

FranklyWrittenWrong's picture
FranklyWrittenWrong 13 July, 2022 - 04:47

My best holiday was in Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam. It's really fun to navigate the old streets and enjoy the street foods. We stayed in our relatives' apartment. It's really interesting to see how the city evolved since the end of the Vietnam War.

strawberry123_'s picture
strawberry123_ 23 June, 2022 - 15:19

My best holiday was to Palanga, Lithuania. It wasn`t the first time, when I visited Lithuania(I gad been in Vilnius - main city before), but it was the first time for 5 years when I was near the sea. It was in the summer and it was just a perfect holiday. The weather wasn`t hot, but it was warm enough and sunny. We spend a lot of time on the beach sunbathing and swimming. Also, we visited a lot of places in Palanga and near it, such as historical museum, sea museum, delphinarium, parks, palace... We visited it a lot of times after it and now... we moved here and live in Lithuania almost a year now)

anyaaa's picture
anyaaa 9 June, 2022 - 12:12

in my grandmother's village in Ukraine. There i walk with my friends, swim in the lake and ride a bike. In short, have fun and be close to my loved ones.

aycauzz1's picture
aycauzz1 1 June, 2022 - 08:16

Muğla Fethiye was the most beutiful holiday I've ever been to. The sea and caves were interesting. But the city I want to see the most is Barcelona

Rohan266's picture
Rohan266 26 March, 2022 - 07:37

Chittorgarh ,we went there from our school.we had so much fun.we have seen chittorgarh fort ,Meera Mahal and many temple there.we clicked pics in front of Vijay stambh.

Fernando227's picture
Fernando227 26 January, 2022 - 02:23

The best holiday I´ve ever had, was going to Puerto Vallarta, the sand and sun was amazing, I visited the Xel-ha and Excaret parks, they were so pretty.

Jvnucuebcybeych's picture
Jvnucuebcybeych 24 January, 2022 - 19:48

My best holidays were in Greece in the summer. My older sister and my parents and I were vacationing on the island of Crete. It was very beautiful there! We visited all kinds of excursions, were on the island of Santorini. Also on the trip we met a family from Russia, they were cool, we immediately found a common language with them. The whole trip was incomparable!

Arturo's picture
Arturo 18 January, 2022 - 14:36

My best vacations are in Cancun, 4 years ago my family got on a plane and we were about 2 hours on the plane and after that we arrived at the hotel and the place was huge but when I explored the place I found that it was a 24-hour buffet and That made me like it a lot more and that's why I chose this place as my best vacation.

dhadzikadunic's picture
dhadzikadunic 6 December, 2021 - 22:25

I would like to visit Machu Picchu because I have heard so many great stories about that place. That is definitely on the top of my trip list.

Pam2's picture
Pam2 14 October, 2021 - 21:14

my best holiday was my trip to Medellin, with my family we did different activities, such as going to an amusement park, planetarium, natural pools, we visited towns and got to know a little more about the gastronomy of the region

armieK's picture
armieK 23 September, 2021 - 03:49

My best holiday was in Spain with my family. First, we visited Barcelona where we saw Antoni Gaudi buildings. I was moved by Sagrada Familia! We also walked to the market and tried delicious local food. We stayed in Barcelona for two days and explored the city and vicinity. After that, we flew to the south, Granada. I loved Granada the most. I enjoyed walking on those small streets . I imagines gypsies in old days. I listened to their songs and watched them dance flamenco. After Granada, we drove to Rondo, and then to Madrid. What a great holiday!

Tigress's picture
Tigress 18 September, 2021 - 16:14

All of my trips was so interesting! this year i have visited Rodos! i`ve visited a lot cool places for example, i was riding the donkey and i saw Akropolis. and for sure i swam in the sea)

Polina152612's picture
Polina152612 17 September, 2021 - 13:28

My best trip was in July, 2018.We went to the Carpathians with our teacher and my friends. We rented small houses from locals to get closer to their way of their life. They told us about their traditions, customs, local food and clothes. Alltogether we climded the Hoverla, went water rafting on the river Cheremosh. It was very difficult for us, but we coped with it. We enjoyed every day of our trip. It was amazing.

anoldspirit's picture
anoldspirit 19 August, 2021 - 06:23

I have the best holiday is to learn some new math skills in a campaign held by our senior classmates last year. I remembered that I could barely figure out what the speakers were talking about, but it made me quite impressive. It let me know that there were numerous challenges in my senior high school. Now, I have already become grade 2. I need to bear more responsibilities in the next semester. I know that I'm ready to meet those difficulties.

Andrii's picture
Andrii 30 June, 2021 - 17:29

I think my best holiday was when i went to Austria with my cousin for skiing. I really love skiing, especially in Alps. Even though my cousin didn't ski with me, we had a great time.

sofi1500's picture
sofi1500 13 June, 2021 - 20:57

My best trip was in May, 2019. I went to Turkey to the Mediterrancan sea cost. I stayed in a large hotel. There were 2 swimming pools, a library, a small aquapark, a hall, a beach and a lot of other things. Every day I went to the sea and a swimming pool in the morning, after I walked around the territory, played tennis or volleyball. In the evening I liked to sit at the shore.

Bluetreasure09Cats's picture
Bluetreasure09Cats 31 May, 2021 - 10:16

The best holiday I've been on is when I went to norway. There was a bridge there where you could cross from Sweden to norway and it was super cool. We stayed there and ate pancakes then we went home.

rayy7710's picture
rayy7710 18 March, 2021 - 02:59

The best holiday that I've ever experienced was in July, 2019. Me and my friends joined a free motivation camp held by my tuition centre. It involved many teenagers from all over the states across Malaysia. We went to visit a forest that is located near the University Malaya, which is the place set up for the camp. As soon as we arrived there, everyone were divided in group to set up the tent together at the camp site. After that, all of us did so many fun activities such as mountain climbing, exploring the forest, take dip in a mud pool and throwing flour at each other. But the most memorable thing for me is the test of courage. One morning, at 12.00 a.m sharp, we were instructed to explore the forest in a group without any source of light and can only relied on our own instict. It was a long walk and many people were starting to get scared, but fortunately, the trip ends at 3 a.m. It was such a scary experience because something really did happened in the middle of the test, but nonetheless, i really enjoyed it. I hope there would be a new motivation camp where i would be able to join in the near future.

mariap_09's picture
mariap_09 24 February, 2021 - 14:59

The most stunning holiday, was 3 years ago when my family went trekking in Caqueta, Colombia. It's very exciting becuase you can see the natural. The thing that caught my atention is natural pool and the waterfall that was amazing. Colombia is increible the people, the food, the culture and the natural it's unique. I want to more people known from my unbelievable country.

Juju's picture
Juju 28 January, 2021 - 09:11

My best holiday was in Istanbul. I was with my brother Nathan, my step mom, and my dad. I visited Istanbul when I was twelve and had a lot of fun visiting. We came there because my step mom is Turkish and she wanted to do a birthday party for my brother’s birthday. My brother was turning one year old.