Listen to the speakers and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you have any celebrations planned? What are you celebrating? What are you going to do?

Topics:

Comments

A01286477diegozapata's picture
A01286477diegozapata 6 October, 2021 - 20:37

In my country there are many celebrations for example : halloween , christmas , dia de muertos and my family´s birthdays .

Vale_R's picture
Vale_R 6 October, 2021 - 20:37

I am going to celebrate Halloween because it is my favorite celebration, and what I usually do is go trick-or-treating with my friends and wear a costume, this year my best friend and I are going to get a costume in which we pair up. We're both going to dress up as the Harry Potter character, that's what people usually do on Halloween.

A01286879's picture
A01286879 6 October, 2021 - 20:37

Yes!! this month i am going to celebrate hallowen with my friends and my brothers. We wil use costumes , me and my friends are going to be zombies. We will do activities like trick or treating , watch scary movies and eat a lot of candys.

A01199127's picture
A01199127 6 October, 2021 - 20:36

In the month of October we have several celebrations such as the discovery of America and it is also the birthday of my middle brother who is 9 years old I think we will go to eat or something similar that my brother likes

A01286746_AME's picture
A01286746_AME 6 October, 2021 - 20:32

Yes, my birthday will be on October 19 and my parents and I have been planning a small party with my relatives who live in other cities and my friends, there will be cake, food, dancing, etc. it will be incredible and unforgettable.

Mariferch12's picture
Mariferch12 6 October, 2021 - 20:31

In oct. i am gonna celebrate halloween and i am so exciting because i like a lot the candys and in that celebration i eat a lot of candys , not a ot a lot but yes. I think i am not gonna do anything in that day , but eat candys yes :)

paolasalas's picture
paolasalas 6 October, 2021 - 20:31

I celebrate the New Year because I have always celebrated it with all my family, this time we will celebrate the New Year in Merida with all my paternal family where we will go to beaches and towns, when it is just New Year we will be in a hotel where we will count the seconds New Year's Eve with champagne.

A01286877's picture
A01286877 6 October, 2021 - 20:29

I will celebrate my birthday in a few weeks. I will celebrate my birthday and I will celebrate it by going to eat with some friends.

A01286665's picture
A01286665 6 October, 2021 - 20:29

Yes, this month I'm gonna celebrate Haloween whit my friends, in their houses but we are not going to do like a party, we are going to collect candy in all the houses that we can in different colonies that live rich people

moonborn's picture
moonborn 6 August, 2021 - 17:39

I haven't any selebrations planned this month. In my country we usually celebrate New Year, birthday party and so on. My favorite one is a birthday party, actually. I like being on my own this day and reading some books as usual.

Andrii's picture
Andrii 6 May, 2021 - 17:33

I don't have any celebrations planned. I usually celebrate my family's birthdays, new year and other holidays.

Liuda's picture
Liuda 18 April, 2021 - 17:58

I hate to celebrate anything. When I am be a child I like to celebtaite all holidays. I loved my birthday. I invited my friends and we had fun and ate different sweets together. But now I am hating my brithday and I don't know why.

DanysGE's picture
DanysGE 16 April, 2021 - 06:39

Yes, I have. This weekend is my brother's birthday and my mom and I are planning a surprise party. We are going to decorate de venue, my mom is going to bake a chocolate cake and I'm going to buy some gifs. It'll be fun.

oliacream's picture
oliacream 15 April, 2021 - 18:54

At this moment I am planning to celebrate Easter, it is religious holiday in Russia. It celebrates resurrection of Jesus christ. There are some traditions during this holiday, for example, we paint eggs and bake Easter cakes, then we consecrate them in a church. Moreover, charity fair, where we sell our hand-made goods is held in our school. I am looking forward to this holiday because I enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of it.

Xuka's picture
Xuka 24 August, 2020 - 19:13

I have a surprise birthday party planned for my Dad in three weeks. Previous years, my family would have a 2 days trip and hold a small party for my Dad, but this year we can't do that due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, we will stay at home and have a cozy party. My mother will make a chocolate birthday cake on her own, his favorite dessert, and some delicious seafood dishes. I'll make a birthday card myself for him, and also give him a table tennis racket. He'll be surprised when unwrapping his present.

pln's picture
pln 21 August, 2020 - 13:02

on my and my friends birthday, we couldnt do anything to celebrating our birthdays because we were in quarantine so we couldnt get together and stayed at home. we just texted on whatsapp and instagram

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 7 July, 2020 - 10:40

Yesss. Me and my friends are planning to celebrate our friends birthday . we are going to do Zoom meeting because we can't see each other in this moment. We also planed to read a poem that we wrote for her and we are going to discus about manything.........

pvhoang05's picture
pvhoang05 3 June, 2020 - 16:17

I love the celebration at Tet. We have a peach tree in the middle of our house and watch TV and have great food.

Athony's picture
-19x
Athony 14 May, 2020 - 16:35

In our class, we often give birthday greeting on the timeline of he/she on Facebook
I think it is great.

peachygirl's picture
peachygirl 11 April, 2020 - 10:31

The last celebration that I had it was school party in New Year. It was really funny and interesting. All of my friends and me have danced and it was so cool. Also we had a lot of pizza.

cammmiloe's picture
cammmiloe 4 April, 2020 - 18:03

well I think Colombia has the best carnival around the entire world, for insane in one department does black and white day and everybody paint their face.

Tina's picture
Tina 1 July, 2019 - 06:03

I have never had any celebrations like that! The biggest party I have had was when I was in grade 9. It was a party for us who was going to leave school shortly.

FatimaH's picture
FatimaH 21 February, 2019 - 17:51

I am planning to celebrate the Novruz Bayram , that's my nation's traditional holiday . All cities are decorated with patterns and symbols related to this holiday . It's family holiday so everyone is going to come together with their families and celebrate this amazing holiday.

bilko's picture
-3x
bilko 17 March, 2018 - 15:31

I think every kind of feast from different countries is great. But I like Halloween day so much. At the same time in my country, we celebrate Ramadan Feast. In this day everybody comes together, eat different kinds of food and children are given money by elders...