Listen to five different people talking about their jobs and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

What job would you like when you are older?

Comments

Baldbanana's picture
Baldbanana 5 July, 2022 - 11:30

I'd like to be a data engineer or data scientist or something like that, because they're demanded and because I don't know what I'd like to do in the future.

FlowerQueen's picture
FlowerQueen 11 June, 2022 - 14:24

When I was about three years old, I wanted to be a princess :D
And when I was four, I loved drawing and painting so I wanted to be an artist.
And since I'm six years old, I love reading books and writing my own stories, so I want to be an author.
But I want to become famous too, so maybe I'm going to be an actress, a singer or an idol/influencer (I don't know the right word..)
If I can't be one of those things, I want to try fashion photographer.

InEnglishPlease's picture
InEnglishPlease 30 October, 2021 - 13:09

I would like to become a author, than I can write books. I love writing books and other stories!!!!

Xuka's picture
Xuka 23 August, 2020 - 17:09

I would like to become an engineer when I am older. I am good at natural science subjects, such as Math, Physics, Chemistry... and I always try my best to get excellent marks for these subjects.
I read a lot of applied science and know that engineers apply math and science knowledge to create new manufacturing methods and develop new processes. These are very important to develop advanced sciences like robots and AI. I believe that my dream will be the truth.

pln's picture
pln 20 August, 2020 - 10:45

when ı grow up, ı wanna be a translator and learn different languages. then ı definitely wanna go abroad and live there. in this way ı can explore new cultures and people

DIGIOTANIMES's picture
-1x
DIGIOTANIMES 18 June, 2020 - 18:06

I am currently preparing to be able to do this job. I am an otaku. I am already doing my first anime and I am going to publish it and be a mangaka.

lernerstud's picture
lernerstud 5 April, 2020 - 12:38

I want to become pilot. It's one of the most exiting and appreciated jobs. Flying in clouds, traveling around the world, meeting different people, pilots live with the best life , but their job is also difficult.

Luiss's picture
Luiss 26 March, 2020 - 18:27

I found the audio very interesting because it makes you aware of the likes and experiences of employees in their jobs, why they like or dislike their jobs and the difficulties they have.

Luis Enrique Z

LuisCast's picture
LuisCast 16 February, 2020 - 15:32

Hello everyone,

I would be like a creative director from an advertising agence, it would be wonderful to see in a future my job in an ad while I walking in the street or see an ad comercial on the T.V.

Today I´m studing marketing in the university, I hope to do mi goals.

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20508x
Tina - Coordinator 19 February, 2020 - 09:05

Dear LuisCast,
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you may be older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.
Best wishes,
Tina (LearnEnglish Teens team)

Raysan's picture
Raysan 18 September, 2019 - 16:02

I want to be a great and talkative traveller because I want to travel to many countries in the world and have a lot of new foreign friend.

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 12 July, 2019 - 08:34

When I was a young kid, I wanted to be a singer, but I prefer Idol, their cool and very famous. But I a bit fat and dance is not too good, I just can sing, and now I'm thinking about the cast. When I pretend to cry, I tried many times, but my tears just flowed out on the right eye. So I will be a singer. My teacher was my class this question, and they just want to be a doctor but I already know it's all fake. One time, my classmate ask me like that, and I say I want to be BILLIONAIRE WIFE. That will be very great. : >