You have to choose the correct option to fill the gap in a sentence. To do this well in an exam, follow our advice:
- Read the whole sentence with all options before you choose.
- When you choose an option, do you know why it is right? This can help you decide.
- When you choose an option, do you know why the other options are wrong? This can help you decide.
- Eliminate an option that you know is not correct.
- If you’re not sure which option to choose, use your instinct. Which option sounds better?
- If you don’t know the answer, guess. You may be right!
- Check your answers carefully when you finish.
- Options will often test you on similar or easily confused words, linking words, phrasal verbs, and collocations.
Do you have questions like this in your school exams?