Reading is also very important in listening tests. Use any extra time before you listen to the text to read the questions.
- Always read the questions carefully.
- Underline the key information in the question.
- If there are options, read all the options carefully.
- If the questions or options have numbers, dates or key words, say them to yourself. This will help you think about the way they sound.
- If the options are pictures, look carefully at them and think about words to describe them in English. This will prepare you for words you might hear.
It is important to read the questions before you listen. Do you always do that? Does it help you? Tell us about your experiences.