Welcome to LearnEnglish Teens – a site for teenagers who are learning English as a second or foreign language. On LearnEnglish Teens you can watch videos, read texts, listen to audio and do online exercises to help you improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Our site is free of charge.
Here are three ways to find a page where you can get started:
- Test your level here. Do the level test and then find pages that are the right level for you.
- Use the menu links at the top of every page to explore the site and see what materials we have.
- Use the search button at the top-right of every page to find topics of interest to you.
Where to start
- Explore the site. Use the links at the top of the page to go to different sections and have a look at the materials. Try one or two pages in each section and see if the material is good for your level and what you want to learn.
- Beginners should start with Skills and choose Level A1 or try the Vocabulary exercises. If you have a good level of English already then look at other sections too. If you’re preparing for an exam, start with Skills or Exams.
- If you are aged between 13 and 17 you can sign up for a free account. As a registered user you can write comments and answer the discussion questions. Please read the House Rules before you start. All comments are moderated by our team so LearnEnglish Teens is a safe learning environment.
How to use the site
- When you have found a page you want to use, read the instructions carefully.
- Read the introduction and then click the Preparation task. This task will help you to get ready to do the page.
- The page usually has a text, a video or an audio file for you to read, watch or listen to. When you have done that you can do the exercises that check if you have understood what you have read, seen or heard. We always put the transcript to videos or audio on the page so just click the transcript tab if you need to read this at any time.
- There are worksheets on most pages. The worksheets have the online exercises in PDF version and there are also transcripts and answer sheets. These will be useful if you want to do the exercises offline or for teachers as extra homework tasks where your students don’t all have an internet connection.
- When you have done the exercises, if you're a registered user you can take part and answer the discussion question.
If you have any questions about LearnEnglish Teens please Contact us.
Take an English course
Our Secondary Plus English course, developed by our team of English experts, will teach you the skills to build your confidence and help you reach your full potential. Find out more.