2

Everyone has a favourite villain, a character you just can’t help but love to hate. In no particular order, here are my top picks for British villains who really stole the show.

8

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s interesting to delve into the history of Europe and to look at where one of the most romantic traditions surrounding Valentine’s Day came from.

22

One of the worst things I find about learning a language is the fact that it is vitally important to read books in your target language.

2

Almost everybody is familiar with the classic image of Frankenstein's monster: a tall man with light-green skin, a big square head and metal bolts on his neck, who can't speak more than a few sim

0

Some people aren’t interested in poetry. They say it’s boring, irrelevant, that it always talks about love and nothing else. I disagree.

0

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is a magical book about the importance of friendship and the quest for the truth.

1

Elena Ferrante has recently been exposed. An Italian author, who found recent success with her quartet of books, the Neapolitan Novels, Ferrante has always shied away from the spotlight.

9

Did you know that Harry Potter is the fifth best-selling book worldwide, with over 107 million copies sold and that it is now the best-selling children's novel?

4

The Tiger Who Came to Tea. Owl Babies. Mog. We’re going on a Bear Hunt, Little Bear’s Trousers. Alfie!

0

For Christmas as a child, I always received a huge stack of books and often by Boxing Day I’d already read half of them.

Subscribe to Books