Books

Who was William Shakespeare?

84
Jane Bristow

William Shakespeare is known across the world as the writer of plays such as Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, and as one of the most famous British people ever. Sometimes known simply as ‘the Bard’, he lived over four hundred years ago – not bad for the son of a man who made a living from making gloves.

Part of the fascination is that despite being so well-known we don’t actually have much information about him; even his name is spelt differently each time it appears, ranging from ‘Shak-peare’ to ‘Shaksper’. Over the years people have argued long and hard about whether he wrote the plays, although these days he’s generally accepted as the author of about thirty-eight plays, some of which were written in partnership with others. He also wrote lots of famous poetry.

Baptised on 26th April, 1564, his actual birthday isn’t known but conveniently England’s national day, St George’s Day, is the 23rd of April so over the years this is when his birth has been celebrated. Whether or not this is true he certainly died on this same date in 1616, having made a successful career in London first as an actor with a group called the Lord Chamberlain’s Men and then as a writer.

In the UK Shakespeare is taught throughout school, making it easy to forget that lots of the plays are actually very funny; some parts are also incredibly rude which means they’re sometimes not covered in lessons. At the time they were written plays were enjoyed by rich and poor alike - it was like going to the cinema - and only later on did the theatre become more exclusive.

Some famous quotations from Shakespeare include now common phrases which he probably invented such as the ‘green-eyed monster’ (meaning jealousy) mentioned in Othello and the idea of being ‘eaten out of house and home’ for someone who’s got a greedy guest from Henry IV. There’s also some imaginative insults such as saying someone is ‘like a toad; ugly and venomous’ in As You Like It or ‘fat as butter’ in Henry IV. The most famous quote of them all is of course the much more serious ‘To be or not to be’ from Hamlet. Basically whether you want witty one-liners or grim drama Shakespeare has something for everyone.

Today you can still visit the house where he was born in Stratford-Upon-Avon, as well as where his wife Anne Hathaway was born. In London you can watch plays staged at Shakespeare’s Globe which is a reconstruction of the theatre he worked for. Not only is the theatre partly open to the elements but you can get ‘groundling’ tickets and stand just in front of the stage like the poorest would have done in the 16th century.

Do you know any of Shakespeare's plays? Who's the most famous writer from your country?

Silvermist's picture
Silvermist 3 January, 2016 - 10:21

I love Shakespearean dramas. Specially King Lear and Macbeth, there are my favourites. I also love the taming of the shrew.

Nadoda_362's picture
Nadoda_362 7 May, 2015 - 16:26

i have read The Merchant of Venice, and king Lear. I found King Lear a little boring, But I sure do love the Merchant of Venice!! Some of the famous authors in my country are Naguib Mahfouz and Tawfiq al-Hakim..

hadia 30 November, 2014 - 11:18

shakespeare is one of my favourite writer and i have also read his many plays hamlet and romeo and juliet are my favourite i have read pthers as well like Charles Dicken, Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy all these are among my favourite i love reading literature.........

Gali_N89's picture
Gali_N89 5 June, 2014 - 02:41

Well, I read, a book called, "The night Frankenstein, he read Don Quixote" and there is a chapter called, Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare's books?, Very good data, that make me doubt whether the wrote a work. I recommend reading it, is very good, and the end of the book is the bibliography, where I get all the information, which is even more interesting, for if anyone wants to investigate thoroughly.

Eljan's picture
Eljan 26 January, 2014 - 18:50

My one of the favourite writer is Shakespeare. Romeo and Juliet is the best. Why has always written Shakespeare sad works?

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 27 January, 2014 - 09:16

Hi Eljan,
Thanks for all your comments. Please can you write one longer comment on a page, not lots and lots of short comments.
Here - I have put your three comments into one. 
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team) 

WildChild's picture
WildChild 5 November, 2013 - 13:47

I know that his most popular play is Romeo and Juliette. In my country we have a lot of famous writers, but I think Ivo Andric is the best..

angelia's picture
angelia 18 August, 2013 - 18:17

Hi Elana.
I never been to a performance. Both of them . Do you enjoy Shakespeare's comedies or just tragedies

Elana's picture
Elana 18 August, 2013 - 18:19

Hi again :)
I enjoy both, but if I had to choose, I would have to say tragedies. What about other users? Which do you like better - Shakespeare's comedies or tragedies?
Elana (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

angelia's picture
angelia 18 August, 2013 - 17:33

I love Shakespeare's plays. I know OTHELLO, KING LEAR, HAMLET, ROMEO and JULIET,ANTONY and CLEOPATRA and etc. NIZAMI GENCAVI, MEHEMMED FIZULI,CELIL MEMEDQULUZADE are famous writers in Azerbaijan.

Elana's picture
Elana 18 August, 2013 - 18:05

Hi Angelia,
Thanks for sharing the names of writers from Azerbaijan. I'm impressed that you've read so many plays by Shakespeare. I like reading Shakespeare's plays, but I really love seeing them on the stage. Have you ever been to a performance? Do you enjoy Shakespeare's comedies or just the tragedies? 
Elana (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Coky's picture
Coky 16 June, 2013 - 20:21

It's rare to have a bright mark in the history as that did by the father of literature "Shakespeare". He inspired dozens of writers after him by his brilliance in articulating and embodying his ideas in the most preferable way to readers. I once read that Charles Dickens (whom I adore) is titled as Shakespeare's Grandchild, for his attractive narration. Now for me, i love the "Merchant of Venice" so much - "Midsummer's Night's Dream"- of course "Macbeth" ..... I somehow like King Lear from the point of view of the idea itself how it's real that some people not only children can show you the purest love ever when they are just a snake hidden under a flower as Shakespeare himself said in one of his plays. personally I studied his novels since primary school (here in Egypt we have Primary-preparatory -secondary school stages), since then a special bond with literature is created in me.
Thanks for posting your experiences with Shakespeare's fine literature.

megisiana's picture
megisiana 10 June, 2013 - 19:31

Shakespeare is known in all world for this reason he is known in my country,city and in my school too. So i like all his plays ..They are beautiful,and with creativity. I like every plays of it and our school is going to make a play in the next year . Hope i can take part in the play.

hayaalhams's picture
hayaalhams 10 June, 2013 - 10:08

i didn't read all Sheakspeare plays but i was reading about him in my histiry book ... i think he was a really great man .. and i think i must read all Sheakspeare plays

Natalija 24 May, 2013 - 13:41

Hi, Lusine:)
It's great you maintain Armenian's tradition in Kazakhstan, because in that way you'll never forget it and it will be brought to the future generations.
I'm good at science, especially at maths and physics, but chemistry and biology aren't my strong sides:). I participated at competitions at maths and physics at school. I like science in general, but I don't like chemistry and bios. I was actually thinking of studying architecture, and it requires knowledge of maths and physics, but I gave up, and decided to study law. I'd like to be a lawyer one day, and I'd like to study abroad, in England. My biggest dream is to enter the University of Oxford.
What about you? What subjects are you interested in the most? Do you like science?
Yes, you're right, I"m very interested in Asia's culture, customs and their way of living. Iran and Turkey are my dearest Asian countries, I've lived in Turkey for a year, but unluckily, I haven't been to Iran yet. I'd like to visit India, Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan, United Arabian Emirates etc. Arabian culture, for example, is one of the ancientest culture there is, and I like Arabian literature-stories from 1001 nights, belly dance, their language-I'm learning it, etc. I'd like to visit all these countries as soon as possible. They get stick to the rules imposed by their religion, but I like that, because they're really into tradition.
I like Turkish music and language, and I'd like to speak Arabic as fluent as Turkish, but it requires years of studying it.
What are some things that make you really happy?
<3

Natalija 23 May, 2013 - 13:09

Hi, Lusine:)
Yes, you're right, I've already asked you about your age, sorry:). I've forgot:).
I also like this site very much. As I've already mentioned, it's very helpful for communication skills, since we write to each other in English and it really helps. In addition, we get the chance to get to know more about other cultures, teens from all over the world and about the life inside of Britain.
My appearance-I'm tall, slim, blonde, long haired, blue eyed-typical Slavic appearance:). What's your appearance like? What's typical Kazakh's appearance like?
It seems you're learning many languages, it's great. You're almost polyglot:). Where did you learn Armenian? Is it difficult?
It's the same about English in my country, children start to learn it at very young ages, about 5, and I agree with you, memory is much better at this age. I started to learn English when I was 4, my father learnt me the basics, and later I studied it alone. I speak English, French, Spanish, Bulgarian and Turkish fluently. Serbian is my native language, and it's common with Macedonian and Croatian, so I can easily make myself understood in these countries, especially in Croatia, since there're almost no difference between Serbian and Croatian.
I'm looking forward to your answer:)
<3

Lusine's picture
Lusine 23 May, 2013 - 15:22

Hi ,Natalija!
now, as i've already known how do you look, i believe that once if i meet you, i'll recognize you:)I'm not very tall(165sm),
not slim not thick, something between. long brown curly hair, green eyes:) I'm very gorgeous. :D :D :D Kazakh people are people of asian appearance. thin eyes, straight hair. Kazakhs had brown hair and blue eyes many years ago, but now most of them have dark eyes.

I don't exactly know whether armenian difficult or not. i speak armenian fluently since my childhood as armenian is my native language. In fact, my parents were born in Armenia, and after they got married they immigrated for permanent residense to Kazakhstan because here(in Kazakhstan)they had more chances to realise themselves. Although we live in Kazakhstan we follow our traditions.
You can speak such languages! it's cool!
I dislike that fact that i can only speak armenian in Armenia, and Kazakh just in Kazakhstan. If I knew Spanish, I would be able to communicate With people spanish not only in Spain, but even in USA, Latin America and so on.
Nataliya, are you as good at mathematic science as at languages? What occupation would you like to have in the future? From your previous answers i see that you are interested in Iran, Turkey.. does their culture attract you?
:)

Natalija 22 May, 2013 - 07:14

Hi, Lusine:)
Yes, you're right, Zlata Ognevich participated at Eurovision 2013. I also liked her performance, she almost won.
It seems your style is very nice and sophisticated, Lusine, and I really like it. I also like wearing dresses the most, and I have just 3 pairs of jeans in my closet and the rest are the dresses:). I like them, because in my opinion, nothing can express girl's beauty as well as dresses, they're made for us:). I maintain classic and vintage style. I like wearing dresses, cardigans, skirts, shorts, coats in winter, especially in red, dark blue and white colour. I also like wearing colorful knee socks.
I never wear sneakers, except for running and playing sport. I like wearing heels sometimes, but not very often, just in some special occasions, and not the highest heels:). I like accessories so much and I can't imagine a good outfit without some accessory. I like wearing sunglasses, rings, pearls and headbands the most.
I'm not a real shopaholic, but I like buying new clothes. I go shopping at least once a month.
I agree with you, appearance isn't the most important, but it says a lot about the person and its' personality.
Thanks for telling my English is good:). I like your English too. Well, I think I speak it fluently, and I'm practicing it every day, and giving my best. I've been studying English at school since the first grade of a primary school, and I really like this language. I'd like to have the chance to speak it more with native speakers, because it's very important, but this site is very helpful for improving English:).
How long have you been studying English at school? Do you study any other language at school except English?
How old are you?
<3

Lusine's picture
Lusine 22 May, 2013 - 19:51

Sorry, I forgot to write about languages i learn. I think that a have a memory like a sieve,soon :D i learn kazakh (native language of Kazakhstan). Probably,i can speak kazakh not worse than English. Russian-the second language wich is used for chatting in our country.so i know Russian better than English. English,as i mentioned in my previous reply, we learn from childhood. However , not everybody is able to speak English well. Finally, there is another language which we learn. That's german/french. Pupils can choose which language they would like to learn. That's all:)in conclusion,we learn 4 languages) I know 5(+armenian),and what about you?:)

Lusine's picture
Lusine 22 May, 2013 - 19:14

hi, Natalija!
From your reply i can guess that your style is quite original, you are not like others and stand out from the crowd , capture the-attention because of your extraordinary appearance. i find That's really nice! I dislike those who are the copycat, who like to look like all people.
always, when you ask me to write about me, i reply you just in general, and when you write your answer to my question you add more details. in such cases i remember what i've forgotten to write about:) that's accessories! i adore them! my friends always kid and say to me that i could open the shop of my accessories :D
in our country, people start learning English since the childhood. For inctance ,my cousin is just 5 ,but he knows some phrases in English. I like that idea of teaching children English language since early stage, as little kids have better memory than adults. As far as I'm concerned, I've been learning english since 6 years. However ,I've taken an advanced level since September. I respect this language. Whether you know English, the world is your oyster. I learn English not because it's necessary for me, This language appeals to me at all.
Natalija, I think that you've already asked me about my age:) I'm 16)
In addition , I like this site a lot, as it gives me the chance to elarh about some interesting events, facts from articles, communicate with other guys from different countries,and have a good fun. What do you think about this?:)
and how would you describe your appearance?

Natalija 20 May, 2013 - 15:56

Hi, Lusine:)
Yes, you're right, a sister is really the best adviser, and I can learn on her mistakes and on her experience. Having a brother is also a great advantage. They always protect you from everything.
We have almost the same musical and film taste. I don't like rap too, I have never listened to that kind of music. I don't like hip hop and metal, and my favourite music is pop and some rock music. When I"m studying, I usually listen to Mozart and Beethoven, because it's good for memory and so relaxing. My favourite singers are Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Lily Allen, Lana del Rey, some Cindy Looper's songs, Florence and the Machine, Jessie J, Kate Nash, some Lady Gaga's songs, Celine Dion, Edith Piaf-especially Non, rien de rien, Zaz, Miley Cyrus, and I like listening to some Turkish music, like band Mavi isklar(The blue light), Kirac(rock singer) and singer Sila, and Serbian songs too. I like Serbian pop music. Sometimes I listen to Russian and Ukrainian music, like Zlata Ognevich, Nyusha etc. I listened to Rihanna earlier, but not anymore.
It seems you're very knowledgeable about Indian films:). I watched several Indian films, but I can't remember the title. You're right, they're very interesting and funny. I like Indian dance, their tradition and customs, and their language sounds really interesting.
My favourite actress is Audrey Hepburn. I like her films so much, and I watched them so many times. My favourite ones are The breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday and Funny face. I like these old films, because actors were both singing and acting, and their style and clothes were amazing. Audrey Hepburn is my biggest model role.
Except her, I like Wooddy Allen's films, especially Manhattan and Casablanca. I also like Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and Natalie Wood's films.
I watched The black swan recently, and I liked it. The dirty dancing is a great film, I could watch it again.
I watch thrillers sometimes, they're very interesting. I also like some modern films, like Princess diaries, Mean girls, The devil wears Prada etc., but I admire the old Hollywood the most.
I agree with you, science fiction is very boring and I have never watched that kind of films.
What's your clothing style like? What do you like wearing?
:)

Lusine's picture
Lusine 21 May, 2013 - 15:12

Hi,Natalija!
thanks for your reply! I really like your taste in films and musics! I
Yes,you are right:) i'm quite knowledgeable about indian films:) I don't even imagine my weekend without watching one.
I've already seen some films which you mentioned . For instance,"Devil wears Prada", Princes diaries( Anna Hathaway is a talented actress). I'm gonna watch "dirty dancing" after finishing the school year.
Zlata Ognevich was a participant of "Euravision 2013",right? I listened to her song "gravity" which she sang in the competition. I liked that. it was breathtaking,especially I liked that giant man who held her on hands in the first minutes of the performance :D. She impressed me a lot.I even downloaded that song on my mobile!:)

I don't follow some special clothing style!) as you see, My preferences are mixed here too:)
I try to adhere to fashion. but it doesn't mean that I am a Shopaholic who almost spend a whole day in the shops and buy just up-to-the-minute clothes. I wear clothes which fit me:) however, i like to wear dresses more than jeans and shirt:) In winter the color palette of my dresses favors the gentle shades. in summer I like bright dresses! Green, Red,Blue, even yellow!. I like watching some TV programmes which are about fashion, I dress up my cousin who is 4 make some hairdresses and make photos from time to time. it would be not true if i said that i don't pay attention on how does the person look like. in fact, the person's appearance won't change my relation to him, but i like those people who is tidy:)
What about you? how can you describe your style?)

by the way, Natalija, I really like your english! Do you speak English fluently?

<3

lili's picture
lili 19 May, 2013 - 11:07

Yeas i had some comments and they were all good comments haha i realy like it working with my friends they are all great friends and they were all dedicated and very serious.But i was a little bit upset becouse it lasted only two hours:(But i'm glad that we kept some cards that we made three actually with information about Shakespeare etc but thank you anyway for asking:)

lili's picture
lili 19 May, 2013 - 09:48

Hey remember i have told you about my project for Shakespeare??well we finished it and it was very amaizing we even said some of his sayings and we even performed a piece of his write romeo and juliet and it was fantastic.we even made photo but they are in my friends phone sorry cuz i would publishted one of them...:(Bye;)

Jonathan - Coor... 19 May, 2013 - 10:05

Hi lili. It sounds like your project went very well. You're very brave to perform a part of Romeo and Juliet. Congratulations! Have you had any comments about your performance? Did you enjoy working on the project with your friends?

sailor moon's picture
sailor moon 18 May, 2013 - 21:20

shakespeare is one of my favourite writers
in my country the most famous is federico moccia
he has write very books like ~scusa ma ti chiamo amore~
~tre metri sopra il cielo~ ecc.

Jane Bristow's picture
Jane Bristow 14 February, 2014 - 19:09

Hi Sailor Moon, that's great you've enjoyed Shakespeare. I actually haven't read any contemporary Italian writers, but I have studied the works of Boccaccio, Dante and Petrarch because they were also important in the history of European literature. 

Jane

marli's picture
marli 16 May, 2013 - 16:53

yes i know all Sheakspeare plays.
i have studied him and his plays for one year at school

Natalija 16 May, 2013 - 15:58

Hi, Lusine
I'm sixteen too, so we're coevals:). I like kids too, and I like your business idea.
I have many hobbies. I like dancing the most, I've been dancing since I was 5, and I spend many hours practicing it. Do you like dancing? I also like reading, learning foreign languages, riding, writing stories, travelling etc. What're your hobbies? Could you tell me something more about the schools in your country?
<3

Lusine's picture
Lusine 17 May, 2013 - 15:39

hi , Something nice!
I see that you are many-sided person. sociable, outgoing, active-are your qualities.
if i have any free time, i'll read books, make some paper sculptures, watch movies, go for a walk, look after my little brother. that's my hobby!;)
i like dancing too;)What's more, i've been going dancing for three years. You stay in front of the mirror, try to hold properly your bearing, become more graceful. However, i had to give it up, as our school teachers set lots of homework, and i wasn't able to be in time, because of trainings finished just 7 p.m. and the time for doing homework wasn't enough. so, i preferred study instead of dance. as far as our school's concerned, i wouldn't like it seems like boasting but as for me,our school is the best one in our country. there are just well- qualified teachers working in our school . also we have a special uniform. boys had been wearing classic black trousers, light shirt, claret jacket-obligatory, for three or two years. and girls had been dressing claret dresses. but since the last three years pupils from 1 to 4 form have weared such uniform. others(5-11 form) black and white. but light pink,blue or brown are common too. what about the descipline. i believe that our student's behavior is not bad. if you want to study in this school-you have to follow the rules- don't play truant,don't miss-be at time,wear the uniform, don't rebel against other students or teachers, be quiet at the lessons-do not speak when the lesson goes. also the school administration will punish those who break the rules, Students don't get suspended like in the Other countries schools. in the first time they might make a remark. but if you maintain rebelling, they just turn back your documents and you'll go away from school. sounds awful but from my point of view schools must have a strict rules to keep students in a discipline. we go to school not for entertainment. would you like to study in such school?:)

if you have any other questions, you are welcome!;)

Natalija 18 May, 2013 - 14:59

Hi, Lusine:)
Your hobbies're very interesting, especially making paper sculptures. I like that, but I"m not talented:(.
It's a pity you had to give up dance classes, but perhaps you'll have an opportunity to dance again in the future:). I think I would perfectly fit in your school, and I'd like to study there:). Yes, you're right, teachers make you stick to the rules, but that's actually very good, because in that way you're becoming a responsible person.It's good you have to wear uniforms, because wearing uniforms makes all children equal, which is very important. There're poor students, who can't buy expensive clothes, and if they wear uniform, they'll look the same as others and won't feel inferior. I'd like my school to have the same rule, but we don't wear uniforms. I'm very silent at class and I think I'd please your teachers:). My teachers always tell me to be more talkative, but I'm always silent and serious at school.
I have one question for you.:) What places and countries would you like to visit? <3

Lusine's picture
Lusine 18 May, 2013 - 17:25

Hi !:)

i really like your point of view!(about responsibility, uniform..)

so, I'm glad to answer your question! I'd like to go to the round-the-world trip, as I like travelling. I've already been to several countries(Armenia, Russia, Ukraine, Germany,UK) "travel broadens your mind"- here is some phrase about that!:) If i had to decide where to go , firstly i would visit France, and then USA, India, Greece, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic enc. learning about different countries's traditions appeals to me.also it a good way to improve your language skills..
I have some questions to you:) is Serbia your motherland? Were you born there ? and what language do you use to communicate with people, are there any other languages people use? For example, Kazakh is our native language, but most of people talk russian. we study english, kazakh, russian, french and german in schools.
do you have siblings? or you are the only child in the family?:) and the last question, would you mind telling me your first name? to be honest i get a bit confused about writing "hi, Something nice" :D

Natalija 19 May, 2013 - 13:18

Hi, Lusine
I'm Natalija, so you can call me that:).
I agree with you, traveling is the great way to broaden our mind. I see you've been in many countries, it's great. I'd like to visit Germany, India, Iran, Azerbaijan and Ukraine firstly. Yes, Serbia is my motherland. I wasn't born there, but my parents lived there for a long time. My mother is a real Serbian, and my father is Bulgarian, but his parents moved to Serbia many years ago, so I'm half-Serbian, half-Bulgarian:). Here in Serbia we use Serbian language only, but people here know many foreign languages in general. English is the most popular, and we even use some English words.
I have an elder sister, she's 21. We're on good terms the majority of time. I think it's good I have a sister, because I always have someone to talk to and to confide in. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
What kind of music is popular in Kazakhstan? What kind of music do you listen to the most? What kinds of films do you like watching?
<3

Lusine's picture
Lusine 20 May, 2013 - 14:50

hi, Natalija!
I find it's really great that you've got a sister. I believe that non could be a better friend and an adviser like elder sister. She possibly was nurturing you when you was a child:)
as for me, I have three brothers. My elder brother is 17, I have a twin-brother , and the last one is just a toddler (2year). I and my elder brother bear a great resemblance to each other.
however ,in childhood , there was a lot of rivalry between me and him, but now ,as we become adult, we don't quarrel anymore:) each of my brothers is unique, i love all them a lot:)
about music preferences.
from my point of view, people from our country keep up with the times. in general they listen to foreign signers' songs.(Eminem, Rihanna, Adele). My one classmate is keen on rock, so some rock bands such as Linkin Park, One Direction, One Republic and so on are her favourites.
as far as i'm concerned, there is no just one kind of music which appeals me. My preferences are mixed:) but one thing i could say surely is that i can't stand rap. Lana Del Rey is my favourite singer. apart from her I like Adele, and some Armenian singers' songs. in fact, i don't keep in my mind the name of the singers i listen to;).. Edith Piaf's a few french songs, Elvis Presley's , Beatles's songs are in my playlist too:)
about films
I'm a real fun of indian movies :) I don't know about Robert Downer jr, Leonardo Dicaprio as much as about indian actors . once(last year) i counted the number of indians films i'd watched, and the number was about 70! i like these films because they are impressive, amazing, with interesting plot. but sometimes i'm rewinding forward when dances go:)because in general they are too long:) there are some other films i like too.( Titanik, Anna Karenina, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Intouchables .)and as in the music preferences there is one genre i dislike, they are science fiction movies, I don't get into watching them as the story of the plot is not real.

so, I'd like to know about your preferences of music and films :) I'm looking forward to your reply:)

Natalija 15 May, 2013 - 19:20

Hey, Lusine
Jane Austen is one of my favourite writers, she really knows how to describe human's character and the life at her time, in the 19th century. I like all her books, but Emma is my favourite one. Pride and Prejudice is also a great book, and next to Austen's books, I learnt English and started to love the English literature. I started to seriously study the English literature, and I wrote a project about Pride and Prejudice for Center for talents in my country.
How old are you? What kind of occupation would you like to have in the future?
<3 Greetings from Serbia:-)

Lusine's picture
Lusine 16 May, 2013 - 13:53

^_^ thanks for reply!
I absolutely agree with you. i think, that each girl should read Jane Austen's books ,becouse of they are full of reallity, and we could learn,as you said, about moral values of the 19th century..
I find it's really nice that you wrote some project!!! I'm thinking about writing project next year
, but there are a lot of themes I'd like to write about..I'm 16 years
old-student. I haven't decided yet what kind of occupation I'd like to have in the future. But I believe, it will be considered with the business, as there is
some idea to open some entertainment complex for children in the future:) I love kids)
and what about you?
What is your hobby? :)

Lusine's picture
Lusine 15 May, 2013 - 15:43

hi,
Im from Kazakhstan
but, i dont read books of writers from our country, there are still some other writers who I like most of all. of course, Plays ,which are written by Shakespare, appeal me. apart from that, I like Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice", "Sense and sensibility" , some books by Mark Levi

ellen's picture
ellen 8 May, 2013 - 17:58

Hello 47mervan
Thank you for my questions answering.
Yes, Azerbaijan and Turkey brother country.
Which is have got Turkey Historical palaces?
I know any Historical palaces.
For example, <Sultan Ahmed camesi>, <Aya Sofia> and s,on
Please , write about you country Historical palaces.
I have got very long blach hair and black eyes.
I am medium size.
What are you doing to stretch your neck?
yesssssss, I like Rihanna, Tarlor swift, Selena Gomez and s.on.
Do you like to travel?
Do you prefer to work indoors?
Do you like talking to people?
Do you prefer to work alone?
Are you energetic?
Have you been any country?
Have you got anty photo?
You Azerbaijanian friends <ellen>
Thanks.

Natalija 6 May, 2013 - 19:50

Hi, Mervan
I'm glad you think I'll be a perfect lawyer:). I like Dostoevsky's books so much; I think he's one of the best writers ever. I like The crime and punishment the best, but his other books are perfect too, like The Gambler and The brothers Caramazov. I like the way he writes and observes; he knows to depict human's character so well, that I'm feeling like I already know his characters. There're no many writers like him, and I like psychology very much, so his novels and books are great for me.
What about you? Which books of Dostoevsky you like the most? Do you like psychology?
And which sports are you interested in? Do you usually spend a lot of time in the nature?

47mervan's picture
47mervan 6 May, 2013 - 14:54

Hi Natalija(something nice)
Thanks for your sentences,they are so nice:).I feel you will be an perfect lawyer.
I have already read the books and watched film.If you like sci-fi books you can read the this books.
I admire Rihanna.Because she has a style.She make good songs and she is beautiful.When i listen Rihanna's songs i am happy.It's enough for me.But i cannot listen music always because after listening the music i have headache.
Do you heard Dostovyeski?Have you ever read the Dostovyeski's book?

47mervan's picture
47mervan 5 May, 2013 - 17:39

Thanks for your wish Something nice
My two brothers study in İstanbul.They study medicine and architecture.When i go İstanbul i can stay with them.I think Oxford University is a good goal.I believe you can go there.I want to study university in France.Many people said me "You should study medicine." i haven't decide yet but i don't wan't this.Now my first goal a good high school for a good university.
If it's not problem for you can write your name and did you heard the Suzanne Collins and Hunger Games?

Natalija 6 May, 2013 - 09:17

Hi, mervan47
It's good your brothers are studying in Istanbul, so you won't have any problem about accommodaton. Thanks for your kind words:).
I was also told to study medicine, because it's a good and well payed job, but I don't want that, since I don't like chemistry and biology. I think I'll study architecture or law.
Sure, it's not problem-My name is Natalija. I think I'll change my account name that anyone can know:). Mervan is a nice name:).
I heard for Hunger games, it's very popular in my country, as well as in the world, especially among teens, but unluckily, I haven't read it yet. I know there's also a film adaptation. Have you read the book or watched the film? If so, did you like it?
Do you admire any person and look up to him/her? If so, who's that person and why you admire him/her?