Fashion

Clothes and jewellery you can never throw out

69
MeganBlogger

I wouldn’t describe myself as fashion-obsessed and I don’t usually spend a great deal of money on clothes. However, I do love a bargain and I’m terrible at throwing away old clothes. Some people cannot understand this. If it’s old, ripped, frayed, stained or too small, why would you want to keep it? Well, the answer is simple. Clothes are memories and, just like memories, they can be precious.

My favourite jacket is a black and white wool jacket with a funky print. There are several holes in it, bits of wool hanging off it and even a big hole in the pocket when I accidentally set it on fire ... Oops. I really should throw it away but I can’t bring myself to do it. It reminds me of one of my favourite travels. I bought it in a market on the outskirts of Lima, Peru. The first time I wore it I was on a trip to an amazing water and light show in a park on that same day. My friend and I had so much fun and I’ve made many memories wearing that jacket since.

It’s the same with jewellery too. My friend made me a beautiful necklace with a piece of glass from one of the beaches on the island where I grew up. She gave it to me so I would always have a piece of home with me. It’s one of the loveliest gifts I’ve ever received and I haven’t taken it off since she gave it to me. It’s probable that one day it will break somehow, but I could never throw it away. 

What items of clothes or jewellery could you never throw away?

hadia 22 May, 2017 - 11:16

Hi Catastrophe.
Evolution of human race?
I think what we are going through is a natural process. And we, the humans , have already caused much befouling. Life, extinction, decomposition all these are natural process. What's going on is normal. It's obvious that life is going to end one day. Everything does. And creating hindrance in it by starting life on other planets is a foolish escape. I guess this is what life is. Let it be. If we are sent here, it means the existence and the support to live is found and will be found only here. The Earth. All the Prophets and pious people came here. Means that this is the chosen way. Man is man. And I am sure the future generations will be determined to do something to save themselves and race towards immortality. But it's impossible. Everything will die. And then the life hereafter would come. Which would be more and more happier and pure than this. So let's work and do our best what we could. And stop befouling the environment to our power extent. ;))
This will prevent us from our cares and problems. ;)
What do you think?. It's my opinion. B)
I'd be happy to hear yours.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 24 May, 2017 - 10:51

Hi hadia!
Good comment, actually! And yeah, I think we better die. We have caused damage beyond repair and I think it's not possible to actually right them. The hole has formed. Honeybees are disappearing. Glaciers are melting. I don't think anyone can right this wrong. The recent turn of events are scaring me, you know. I wouldn't like to mention it, but I hope you know about them hadia. Anyways, your dad takes the remote for watching news! I think a big fight is going to break out. Human beings are selfish. They neglect the world on terms of development. Every soldiers nights in a bunker hill are filled with his happy memories and his wish to make a peace loving environment for his kids. I wish the same too. And I think we are incapable of maintaining a survival place left for other animals. And I think we should at least leave them to their own. They'll make this Earth what it was before we arrived. Running to other planets is foolishness. If I'm ever an astrophysicist, I'll never ever support that thought. If we're leaving a house, we always make OT as good as new. All I know is that we're not lasting for long. So why not start it right now? Do you agree with me hadia?

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 23 May, 2017 - 10:43

Wow, great comment hadia! I think we have caused a lot of damage to our dear planet. Human race has ever been selfish. Think about it, has any of our inventions proved useful to other creatures? What is so special about us? It's just that we could walk with two legs and had more efficiency to create things. That's all. These days animals prove to be more intelligent than us. We have spoiled this beautiful planet to such a state that it is no more capable of life. Yeah, it's the truth. Honeybees are disappearing. Glaciers are melting. Today, thousands of people have died due to heat. I myself am not playing, afraid of the heat stroke. We haven't just spoiled the Earth, but the space too. There are debris floating around. It's becoming hard to pilot spaceships. I thinks it's better we die rather than dirty the whole Milky Way. I just hope humans realise their mistakes. The best thing humans can do before dying altogether is not dirtying galaxies, but cleaning up the mess they have created. That way, the awesome planet Earth that could support life can continue doing it. In fact, as an human, I think we should all vow to keep our planet safe. That's all I want to say. What do you think hadia?

hadia 24 May, 2017 - 18:13

It's an amazingly positive approach!
Little things make up bigger ones. And if we continue to do our part of jobs, we'll surely contribute a lot to make a bigger thing. Let's vow to be active in our work. ;))

1 user has voted.
catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 25 May, 2017 - 10:42

Yeah, I agree with you. Even though we can't do much during fights and stuff, we can still cheer our army. But I recently developed a fear. I think we are going to have a World War III. Did you hear about the recent mishaps around the world? Horrible.

1 user has voted.
hadia 25 May, 2017 - 13:06

Yes. Things get horrible sometimes. But let's pray to Almighty for keeping us safe and protected. Ameen.

1 user has voted.
catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 26 May, 2017 - 07:43

Yes, you're right. Maybe. You are really wise, hadia. It was nice chatting with you! Thanks for teaching me so many things!

1 user has voted.
hadia 26 May, 2017 - 14:32

Hi catastrophe. Thanks a lot.
You may be younger than I, but you made me learn so many things too. :)))
Stay blessed.

1 user has voted.
hadia 24 May, 2017 - 16:24

That's an amazingly positive approach!
Little things make up bigger ones. And I hope we, if do our part of jobs, we will make bigger things.

1 user has voted.
Moncardo21's picture
Moncardo21 9 May, 2017 - 19:35

Well, I think the clothes are special but not all. You have to learn to recognize when it is necessary to throw away some clothing that may have damaged you in many ways.

fenix98's picture
fenix98 9 May, 2017 - 19:28

my favorite shoes is a nike this are red with lunars ,and my favorite jacket is black and my favorite t-shirt is red.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 4 May, 2017 - 17:12

My clothes.... um.... I always keep them. They remind me of such sweetie-sweetie memories! Like once, when my whole uniform was drenched by Holi powders! I still look at that dress sometimes, when I'm alone, thinking about how cool we guys were at that time. My classmates and I were just ten at that time. And even though three years have passed by, still I remember them fresh in my mind. Really clothes are the best scrapbooks ever made!:)))

hadia 6 May, 2017 - 13:44

You celebrate Holi? It must be fun. I'm a Muslim and we don't celebrate it but I like this tradition. Colorful. Jolly. Everything's so lively. ;)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 7 May, 2017 - 09:14

I actually don't celebrate it with my family. I celebrate with my friends or cousins. And let me tell you this, it's not that only Hindus celebrate holi. It's a Spring Festival, mostly for fun, and not for religion. But some orthodoxes have changed it in such a way that only Hindus can celebrate it. But it's not true, and in our school all our classmates celebrate together. So mainly, no religion in fun!! :)

hadia 8 May, 2017 - 13:45

You maybe right. I read in a book "What I Believe" about the main religions in the world. It is mentioned that Holi is a fun festival for celebrating Krishna's playful childhood. You know, about him? I watched Krishna cartoons and Dramas on Hindi Channels. They were good.
But again, there's no boundaries to celebrate it as you enjoy it. ;)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 9 May, 2017 - 09:48

Yeah, I know Krishna and in fact, he's my favorite god. I once read your religious book, Quran and it was quite good. I learnt so much from it! And many places have an unique culture in India, and from where I live it's a harvest festival. Maybe where the author lived it was a little Krishna's festival! What festival do you enjoy the most??? :))

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 11 May, 2017 - 06:49

Hi hadia!!!
Nice to hear from you! I'd like to know about Eid. What is it about?

hadia 11 May, 2017 - 12:10

We celebrate Eid twice a year.
Eid-ul-Fitr: After Ramadan, it's a gift from Allah Almighty to those who fast in Ramadan. There's Chand-Raat (the night before Eid). That's amazing. You know, we draw mehndi, buy bangles and lot more. New dresses are worn.
Then there's Eid-ul-Adha: It's celebrated about two months and ten days later after first Eid. It's celebrated to follow and in the memory of the Sunnah of our Prophet Hazrat Ibrahim. And for that, a Buffalo, or a goat or camel is slaughtered. There are variety of them, you know. In this way we share our this meat with others. The poor, relatives, friends, and us. The meat we get from those animals after they're slaughtered is distributed among the aformentioned, according to commandments of Allah. So that everyone should be apart of celebration.
You live in India. We share the same history and culture. Many Muslims live there. Are there Muslims , where you live? Or do you have any Muslim friends in school. ;)
My Dad has a Hindu Friend. You know, he's a professor in the same college where my Dad teaches.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 14 May, 2017 - 11:25

Yeah, of course I have four Muslim friends. Two in school, one in neighbourhood, and other one is you! There are a lot of Muslims where I live. And I know a bit about Eid, because I've heard things like, "Hey, I'm fasting, so I'm not playing today." And Eid-ul-Fitr sounds a bit like our festivals. Even we wear new clothes and draw mehandis, which I'm good at. I like the sharing part, but I'm that type of Hindu, a person who doesn't eat meat. Instead we give vegetarian food to poor people during special occasions. And cheeks! Even my dad's close friend is a Muslim. And he runs a school! Is your dad a teacher? Great choice! Would you like to be a teacher like him? Or do you have another ambition?

hadia 15 May, 2017 - 14:06

Wow. That's amazing.
I want to be a Doctor ( Skin Specialist). But I admire my Dad much. He's Heroic and my Best Friend.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 15 May, 2017 - 16:21

Wow, that's a great ambition! I want to be an aeronautical scientist because I think space is wonderful! I also think of becoming an author, too. Or an artist, maybe. But my parents want me to become a doctor, but I'm scared of blood. And I hate biology. ;)
And I appreciate your feelings about your dad. I think even I feel the same way about my dad, though he can be annoying sometimes, like he's now. I was watching the climax of a movie that I've been running behind for a long time, when he snatched the remote from me. :((

hadia 16 May, 2017 - 11:26

Ha ha! You're so cute Catastrophe. My Dad usually takes the remote for watching News.
You hate Biology? um.....maybe you start liking it once you are at your final stage. I mean mostly, students get their goals set after matriculation or Intermediate. And I guess, you're younger and still in junior school. Right? Well, I think you'll surely love biology once you start taking interest. It's my favourite subject. ;)
Your aim so cool and big. I wish you best. ;)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 16 May, 2017 - 17:19

Thanks, hadia! My dad watches all-that-you-can-imagine, so I don't know what he watches. I actually liked biology when I was in primary. But when I got to the seventh grade and we had practicals. Guess what my first practical was? Catch a cockroach egg and rip it open. Yuck. That's why I hate biology. And I'm afraid of blood. Not mine, of course, but others. But I like microorganisms. I like astronomy more than anything.
I agree with you that my ambition is big. Perhaps that's why my best friend always insults me like, "Ha ha, you and an astronaut? Stop copying me!" And that hurts me :((( But my mum always taught me, friendship never matters in rivarly. Perhaps that's true.
And next time I come to Pakistan, I'll ask... where can I find Dr. Hadia? Please ask her to give treatment to my sensitive skin! ;)))

hadia 17 May, 2017 - 17:58

Ha ha. You are really sweet. Your mom says right. And yes, we are neighbours. Maybe when you would visit Pakistan or I India, we find each other.
I hope you won't mind giving me a space tour!! After all you love astrology.

Jonathan - Coor... 19 May, 2017 - 12:03

Hi, I know that you are not making real plans to meet up! But this is an opportunity to remind all our users of our house rule: ‘Do not invite anyone to meet you or offer to meet anyone in the real world’. Thanks :)

hadia 20 May, 2017 - 08:30

Hi Jonathan.
Thanks for reminding us. But we never meant it that way. We were just having conversation about aims. I'll always make sure never to break the House Rules. Thanks a lot. :D

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 19 May, 2017 - 14:55

Thanks for your reminder, Jonathan! I swear I won't let anyone visit me for sure. by that comment, I guess what hadia meant was that actually if we meet in the near future and recognise ourselves, we definitely would do those things we mentioned in the comment. Right, hadia?

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 19 May, 2017 - 10:30

Yup,no issues. Where would you like to visit madam? Saturn or Neptune? You know, there are signs of life in one of Saturn's moons. Have you heard about it?

hadia 20 May, 2017 - 08:38

Ha ha. Neptune's way too cold to support life. Isn't it? But I never heard of the fact you mentioned. Wow. Maybe. But I read that some signs were found on Mars.
Btw, don't you think that moon is far way to support life. Gravitation is a great, great problem. I think it's only a tentative idea but not true. Maybe the thing about Mars is right. Because I read it on Google and in daily Newspaper too.
Besides, let's live peacefully on Earth first, then think about other planets. People are still struggling for life. What do you think?

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 20 May, 2017 - 13:21

Yeah, I agree. But Earth is in the brink of extinction, and I think we don't want to start doing the same with other planets. We've already dirtied the Solar System a lot, and it is difficult for astronauts to get their way through them. I think human race needs to evolve. What do you think?

I like wearing old clothes of mine. ( I mean not so old....but those which I have worn many times) You know, their fabric becomes soft and so ........soft! Ha ha. I mostly wear those for sleeping. Sleeping in the most comfortable clothes gives you the most comfortable sleep. :)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 4 May, 2017 - 17:14

Yeah, true... Sometimes it's better to sleep in a Four-year-old pyjama than in a brand new night gown! And how softy-softy they are! Old dress, teddy bears, and quilts make a good night's sleep:)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 7 May, 2017 - 09:16

Yeah, it's a small brown one I cuddled as a kid, but now it's just a bit small to cuddle. But still I do... even though my mummy scolds me... she hates teddies!

hadia 8 May, 2017 - 13:53

Ha ha. She maybe doing that to make you sleep without it. You know, bravely. ;P

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 9 May, 2017 - 09:50

I wouldn't call that bravery. I mainly sleep with teddy bears so that I can close my ears and shut out my parent's snoring.... :////

Elsa007 26 April, 2017 - 02:59

Hi hadia,
Interesting to hear your favorite clothes!
I imagine that your pajama must be cool... or fashionable! :))
Last year, I finally threw away my old T-shirt which was given when I was nine years old as a souvenior from Hawaii! You know what, things do remind me of some memories at that time; I don't want to solely rely on an object of memory. I think good memories should always remain in our mind at hand! :))

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 4 May, 2017 - 17:17

WOW! You get to keep such old clothes! My mum tells me throw the clothes which I have been keeping for five years.... :(( Anyways, you have a great profile pic, Elsa007! I bet you're an Elsa fan like me, right???

Hi Elsa,
Wow! That must be your favorite shirt. It's good to keep things saved for reviving old memories but it's true....that their ultimate refuge is our heart and mind. They stay there intact with harmony. I do keep things like Chocolates (wrappers), which I had eaten years ago but saved them as sweet memories because they were a gift from my teachers.
But I never kept a clothe for quite long. I do remember a gift of frock from my favorite Aunt to me on my Result, but unfortunately it was stolen. Although, things flew away, memories are in hand., as you say :)

Elsa007 26 April, 2017 - 16:37

Hi hadia,
Wow! (...Why Wow?)
Anyway, you're genius hadia! It's cool that your writings sometimes show as if you're in two minds, but suddenly you look like a poet who attract people with words!

Of course, as you say, we try to pack our sweet memories in something solid so that we can revive the memory easily by touching, smelling, feeling and etc... :)

Ha ha. you're a great person Elsa. Thanks a lot.
I am gonna keep these memories we shared here, too.
You know, once I left this, after leaving my teenage tag! ;P

Elsa007 28 April, 2017 - 08:39

Hi hadia!
Glad to hear from you!
By the way, hadia, could you tell me what "teenage tag" means?
Are you grown-up already?? I think I'm still in two minds like Peter Pan!
Take me to the next step please ! :)))

And to answer your question about me-grown up? Ha ha. My parents and siblings say that I'm still like a small baby. Even I think, that 17 is not quite an age. I'm a year younger than most of my class-fellows. And I still act like kids sometimes. Ha ha. Maybe because I'm the younger sister, and loved by everyone. :P
Are you the eldest in your family, Elsa?

Stay Blessed. :P

Elsa007 29 April, 2017 - 13:53

Wow! That's great that you are loved by everyone!
I think I'm not....... not sure........
Anyway, I'm the younger sister, too! We've got some similarities, hadia, although you are wise beyond your year! ;)

Elsa. I found a great friend in you. Stop staying you're not loved. I am sure your mother would be proud of you. Family always loves us. Besides, I love you too my BFF. You're a lovely person.
And you've taught me so many new things during our conversation. ;)
Thank you.

Elsa007 3 May, 2017 - 10:29

Hi hadia,
Thank you for your lovely comment! <3
What a loving friend you are! I love you too my BFF <3 <3 :)
Family is sometimes complex for me. I've been kept away from home actually. I bet unthoughfully that I don't simply get along with them. But, one day, I realized that it was my elder sis who is so possesive about family love wanted me to go away. Why? Because of a galling sense of inferiority. My mum taught us to do the same in the same school ignoring our individual differences. Unconsciously, I seemed to have given her a pain in the neck since we were younger.... I didn't know such a long-held grudges or hates.
I really don't know what to do, so...... just feeling sad.
Do you have good advice, hadia? You're blessed to be loved by everyone! ✨