Fashion

London Fashion Week

18
AnnaM

A little bit of background to begin with, Fashion Weeks are basically a chance for designers to promote and showcase their latest designs and show people what’s ‘in’ and what’s ‘out’. There are four major Fashion Weeks that take place in the four fashion capitals: New York City, London, Paris and Milan.

The London Fashion Week has just finished its events at Somerset House and all the journalists and designers have moved on to Paris to exhibit their Winter Collections! Finally, London has a chance to breathe again after the rush of tourists during the summer and the globetrotting ‘fashionistas’ of the autumn. Every Londoner always knows when the Fashion Week is about to start because huge banners are draped over wires on both Oxford and Regent Street! The general public now knows that a new wave of wearable fashion will hit the high street shops in just a few weeks’ time.

Of course, a Fashion Week is not just a platform for designers to showcase their works but it is also a place for celebrities to gather together, make appearances and show that they are interested in staying up to date on the latest trends. For example, at London Fashion Week, Victoria Beckham, Sienna Miller and Harry Styles were all seen at several catwalk shows. A-listers like these are always seen on ‘The Front Row’! Notably, London Fashion Week can pride itself on even attracting a royal presence: Prince Charles himself opened the Menswear Fashion Week!

Fashion plays the central role of the Week and several trends have appeared for this season. For menswear, think tropical. Think Hawaii. Shirts with the edgy 70s print are sure to make a comeback this season. On the female side, the skirt has replaced the dress and trousers have been substituted for leg warmers. Expect a more muted down version of the runway outfits to appear in the shops, however, in order to allow for more practical and comfortable clothes.

However, it’s very important to separate fashion and style. You may not follow a single trend yet have genuine style. In the same way, following fashion obsessively doesn’t make you stylish. It’s all about mixing things up! There’s no need to retire your favourite pumps just because this season is all about the chunky boot. Remember to choose iconic pieces that fit the rest of your wardrobe.

Are you interested in fashion? Would you like to go to a fashion show? 

ellen's picture
ellen 30 November, 2013 - 19:14

I have never been to a fashion show :D
but, i love fasion.
Fasion in my life like my music.
In Future I want to be stylist.

Windy's picture
Windy 4 November, 2013 - 20:12

I'm interested in fashoin, but I think that style is more important. Nowadays everybody are trying to be original so they are wearing the same clothes, trying to be dressed by latest fashion. I have never been on fashoin week, but I would love to. I also saw it many times on Fashion TV. I think that at the fashion week must be a great atmosphere.

Natalija 2 November, 2013 - 14:19

Yes, I'm so into fashion; I've been o many fashion shows, and I've even participated at few of them, when I was a model. I have nice memories of fashion shows, they're really very especial.

SONA200's picture
SONA200 29 December, 2013 - 10:03

Hi Natalija .Are you a model? I also want to be a model.Will you give me some tips to become a model and participate in fashion shows?

Harabeli Supersweet 8 October, 2013 - 16:15

Yes, I'm interested in fashion. My mum designs and sews nice clothes and she makes unique styles for me. Anyway, I've never been part of a fashion show, but I enjoy watching them on TV or online. I'd love to be part of a real fashion show.