This will sound strange to some and perhaps quite familiar to others: in my family, we only took down the Christmas tree almost halfway through the month of January. Now, obviously, our tree is a...
1
Before my year as a language assistant, I never imagined I could enjoy teaching as much as I do. I assumed it might be awkward and boring at times and, of course, there are some classes that go...
On what was just a regular, cold Friday morning in an icy train station, I witnessed something that brought a tear to my eye. It’s not everyday that you get to feel the best of humanity in train...
2
Avocado’s recent popularity growth is hard to ignore. As I’ve recently discovered from my recent trips around Europe (Germany, Denmark and Poland), avocado is enjoying popularity beyond my native...
7
In a world surrounded by bad news, it may feel like an unhappy place sometimes. However, you can make a difference. If you make even one person smile today, you can help make this world a better...
11
Recently I was watching a stand-up comedy sketch by a comedian called Trevor Noah, a mixed-race comedian from South Africa who often discusses important topics such as discrimination and racism. I...
10