Idioms are one of the hardest parts of learning a language. For those of you who don’t know, an idiom is a phrase which has a meaning, but the meaning is not clear from the words themselves. If you...
1
Germans have a word wanderlust which translated into English would be ‘the desire to wander’. Nowadays the opportunity to travel is endless. Thanks to low-cost airfares, travelling abroad is very...
2
Basel is often referred to as the cultural capital of Switzerland, but what exactly can you do in this Swiss city? 1. The Rhein In the summer it is common for locals and tourists alike to go for a...
Everyone loves travelling, right? Unfortunately, depending on where you want to go, money can sometimes be a problem … but not if you’re prepared. Here are my top tips for making the most of your...
5
Around the world, many people come together on 31st December to celebrate the coming of the New Year. In Scotland, this is a very important occasion, which is called 'Hogmanay'. The tradition of...
1
Spending Christmas in a foreign country can be a truly eye-opening experience, especially since it’s easy to assume that as a worldwide festivity, most countries probably celebrate in a fairly...
5