One of the first things I did when I moved to my new city was hire a bike. Why? Seeing a city by bike is ideal for settling in and learning your way around. You travel much faster than on foot and...
4
During my third year of university, I spent six months studying in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Many are apprehensive about travelling to Rio but I can assure you it is worth a visit. In this post I want...
It was a typically cold and damp night in Manchester where I had recently started my undergraduate degree in English And American literature in 2009. I woke up at about 3am in a confused panic about...
In this blog post I'll tell you all about the Scottish legend of the kelpie, a spirit water-horse. The kelpie is a water spirit that can transform itself, usually appearing as a horse and sometimes...
1
It’s interesting to have a chance to teach English abroad because you get to see a completely different education system from the one you experienced. I am teaching in Belgium this year and I have...
5
Moving to a foreign country is an amazing, life-changing experience. It’s an opportunity to meet new people, immerse yourself in a different culture and possibly learn another language. However,...