A piñata is a container which is decorated and filled with sweets, toys or seasonal fruit. It is often in the shape of a star, animal or popular film character. The piñata has become a symbol of...
2
One of Mexico's traditions is called the quinceañera, which means 'fifteen-year-old'. It is when a young girl turns 15 and she has a big party to celebrate. It is a fusion of Aztec culture and...
15
When I was ten years old I went to the USA to visit some family friends. We travelled around California - Los Angeles, San Francisco - and Las Vegas. I noticed something funny about the way everyone...
7
I'm learning to drive in Switzerland. I thought it would be a good idea to learn now because I have plenty of free time and am earning a little money to pay for lessons. I never learnt when I lived...
12
After spending a semester in Cádiz and eight months in Ciudad Real, I have been trying to work out which Spanish stereotypes have some truth in them and which don’t. Here's what I have discovered so...
Do you ever throw away food at home? Have you ever thought about what happens to the food that shops and supermarkets don’t sell? Well, you might be shocked to find out that approximately one third...
3