The secret to a perfect picnic

Miranda Clark

Summer is here in the UK and it's therefore the perfect excuse to have a picnic outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air. I live in Edinburgh in Scotland near The Meadows, which is a great place to go and meet friends for lunch in the sun (yes, we do occasionally receive sunny weather in Scotland!) Many people play sports such as football, cricket, rugby or tennis nearby and some people even bring a guitar or some portable speakers and play some music. As you can imagine, the atmosphere is great!

In the UK, picnics are very common amongst students because then everyone can bring something small for the whole group to share, creating lots of variety at a very low cost. Yesterday I went for a lovely picnic with some friends and I brought some chopped carrots, pitta bread and houmous. This was really popular and everyone helped themselves! Other people brought lots of other food, such as potato salad, crisps, nuts and fruits like strawberries and grapes.

It is also very common to bring a disposable barbecue and eat grilled sausages or burgers or even, as we did yesterday, a vegetable kebab composed of peppers, tomatoes mushrooms and halloumi cheese! All you need to add is a nice summery drink, some friends and (hopefully) some nice weather and you've got yourself the perfect summery picnic!

Do you like to have picnics with your friends? What do you eat?

saba's picture
saba 2 October, 2013 - 13:10

where is morocco?
anyway how old r u?
which singers do u like?
and.....tell me about yourself please

MALINE 3 August, 2013 - 19:07

I love to have picnics,it is a perfect reason to gather round with your friends or family. We allways have grilled steaks with "cambray" onions and "guacamole" (making my mouth water) and a cold soda or a beer (with permission of my fathers) and we play volleyball or football,it is a bonding experience.

RehinaParker's picture
RehinaParker 29 July, 2013 - 14:57

I like picnic with my friends... I picnic we eat hotdogs fried patatoes ice cream coca cola thats all...than we talk and play different games...

quangteo's picture
quangteo 17 June, 2013 - 04:02

yes, i like picnic with my friends or my familly but we harly. Near times, I went to picnic with my familly in Vung Tau sea. We brang fast food,fruit and chat toghether. Sometime,we taken photograp toghether. Last day,very happy

sailor moon's picture
sailor moon 12 June, 2013 - 17:27

yes i love doing picnics with my friends.
i went once for picnic with my friends and we ate sandwitches, hot-dogs,
cookies, we drank coca-cola ecc. we had a good time.

Natalija 12 June, 2013 - 15:31

Sure, I like it very much, and it's one of ours favourite activity together. We usually have picnics at week-end, at Sunday, and we spend the whole day in the nature, play some sport, hang out etc. We usually prepare a basket of food, which contains fruits, croissants, water, and my friend's Mom always prepares ice-cream for us, and it's the best ice-cream. I had a picnic a week ago. My summer holidays'll begin in a few days, so I'll have a plenty of time for picnics.