Top tips for revising over Christmas

5
JennyBlogger

Christmas is a time for relaxing, having fun and spending time with family and friends. However, for many of us, it is also spent revising for January exams. It can be difficult to find the motivation to study when everyone around you is having so much fun. So, here are my top five tips for revising effectively over the Christmas break.

1. Set aside a few hours a day to revise.
Find the best time to revise for you and make sure that you stick to your timetable! For example, I find that I work best in the morning, so I make sure that I get up fairly early and do a few hours of revision. Another bonus of revising in the morning is that you get it out of the way and have the rest of the day to do what you like!

2. Plan something fun to do every day.
Even if it's just going for coffee with a friend or watching a film at home, this will give you something to look forward to and motivate you to finish your revision.

3. Explain to your family why your revision is important.
Sometimes it can be difficult for family to understand why you aren't spending time with them. So, make sure you tell them why your exams are important and perhaps you can agree to do something nice with them when your exams are over.

4. Having said that, make sure that you take a few days off!
It is important to take some time to relax and when you do get back to revising, you'll probably find it easier to concentrate. Pick the most important days for you and your family to concentrate on celebrating Christmas!

5. Lastly, remember that it won't last forever!
You might have to spend your Christmas revising this year, and perhaps for a few more years, but soon enough you'll be free of exams forever. And after spending time revising, your future Christmases will seem even better!

Have a great Christmas and make sure you find a balance between studying and celebrating. Good luck in your exams!

Do you have exams in January? Do you have any tips for revising over the festive period?

logloglog's picture
logloglog 30 December, 2016 - 03:36

Spending a few hours every early morning is very useful for me to revise and reinforce my knowledge that can help me get the highest score in my next exam. even if it are days off or festive days I will still make it

Lhaagii's picture
Lhaagii 21 December, 2016 - 12:27

Yes, I have the last exam of this semester in Jan 06, and it seems like it is going to be worst exam I have ever taken because I have 10 days trip to Malaysia with my family in Dec 23. Thus, it means no preparation for that exam, and preparing for exam during trip is miserable. I just want to have great holiday.

Ran's picture
Ran 20 December, 2016 - 16:56

No, I don't have exams in January, but we're going to have exam this week. I'm revising now to have good preparations for exams. I will do my best so that I can have a happy and relaxing Christmas then. Yep, 5ting!!! Learn for future (playing, Christmas..) hahaha :)

princessalexa's picture
princessalexa 25 December, 2016 - 10:21

No, I don't have any exams because we finished semester exams last week.If you want to have good point,the best advice is study hard. Now I'm relaxing Christmas.Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran's picture
Ran 3 January, 2017 - 13:58

hi princessalexa !
Yes, I did. Though it is over Christmas now, I still want to say' Wish you a happy Christmas' :)) And now, let's start our new years and write new stories about our lives!!!
Best wish