Music

Il Divo - Musical stars

EmilyM

Formed in 2003 by Simon Cowell, famous in the UK on television shows such as Britain’s Got Talent, Il Divo are a classical band. The members are Carlos Marìn from Spain, Urs Bühler from Switzerland, Sébastien Izambard from France and David Miller from the USA. Each with their unique voices, they have been creating musical magical for nine years. Il Divo released their first, self-titled album in 2004 and have since released another six albums, including their Greatest Hits album in 2012. They are due to release their eighth album in the UK in December 2013, called A Musical Affair. Il Divo have recorded songs with a variety of successful artists including Michael Ball and Céline Dion.

There are many reasons why Il Divo’s music is very successful. Firstly, their music can reach out to a wide range of people of all ages and from all nationalities. They are a very international band and they have toured around the world including the UK, the USA, Belgium, Poland, Australia, and many more. Their music can touch the emotions of people of all ages, from young people to older people. They have a very broad range of fans all over the world, who are always anticipating new music from Il Divo. Listening to Il Divo’s music is calming for the mind and the body, because they are a classical group, so it’s nice to listen to them after a busy day in order to relax and unwind.

Personally, I really enjoy listening to Il Divo. I think their music is very beautiful, as well as very peaceful. I was introduced to their music very recently by my French teacher, and the first song I listened to by Il Divo was Pour Que Tu M’Aimes Encore, which they sing in French. It is one of my favourite songs by Il Divo. Some of my other favourite Il Divo songs include I Believe In You (Je Crois En Toi) which is a song in English and French where Il Divo sing with Céline Dion. Mama is one of my favourite songs, from their first album, although it is quite a sad song, it is very enchanting. Despite the fact I love all of their songs, these are three of my particular favourites. I am really looking forward to hearing their new album later this year.     

Have you heard of Il Divo? Do you like their music? 

Ganesdita's picture
Ganesdita 30 May, 2014 - 19:59

I've never heard about this band. I only like easy-listening songs that I've already known. And, actually I prefer listening to eastern music than western because I live in east :)

Nerminka's picture
Nerminka 17 May, 2014 - 06:30

I haven't heard about II Divo. But I knew. I like listen to music very much. I listen pop music

Ayan's picture
Ayan 23 April, 2014 - 18:09

I very much love music .... I listen to music . I like classic and pop music... I don't like rock music.

pechan's picture
pechan 11 October, 2013 - 02:20

I have heard about them but only in the news when they published their first record. I don't know if they sing like westlife band boys.

Harabeli Supersweet 10 October, 2013 - 17:49

No, I haven't heard about them. But now that I read this article, I'll listen to them.

Natalija 8 October, 2013 - 17:41

I heard of them, of course. I adore their music, it's so fabulous. I even went to their concert in Belgrade with my mother, who's the biggest Il Divo fan. We enjoy listening to Il Divo together, they're one of the best singers ever. I really recommend Il Divo to all people who love classical, but modern as well.