Breweries, cheese-making factories, paper mills, distilleries … we are inquisitive and we pay lots of money to visit these factories and find out how things are made. There was a temporary exhibition...
3
In one of my classes today we discussed the question of how our lives would be without a phone and I actually felt quite sad to hear how some kids these days cannot survive without their mobiles....
2
In this day and age taking a photograph is easier than ever. There are cameras built into our phones, computers, tablets, iPods ... The way we share photos has also changed. There was a time when you...
1
WhatsApps. Facebook messages. Texts. Calls. Instagrams. Snapchats. Tweets. Will we ever be free from the constant stream of notifications? The headache caused by your phone beeping and vibrating 24/7...
1
'You know,' said one of my students to me. 'Mega sad face.' The fact that I could barely understand a student of mine, who's usually quite articulate, got me thinking about communication and the...
5
Last week the electricity in my flat went out. I had just got home from work and was happily making my tea, when all of a sudden I was surrounded by complete darkness. The lights had gone out, the...
9